The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Bing is enforcing guidelines

Sunny

affiliate
This is about Bing enforcing their guidelines. Really enforcing it now.

The display url and the destination url must be the same.

How do I follow this rule and make the PPC ad look pretty and congruent?

Any Ideas? I don't want to be banned, I am just starting with Bing.

Thank you in advance
Sunny

As long as your domains are the same, you shouldn't have any issues. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question.

Display URL:
Code:
www.Example.com or Example.com

Destination URL:
Code:
http://www.example.com

You can use shorter URL services like bit.ly or tiny.url. User your preferable keywords for shorten your URL and use it bing ppc. Bingo. Remember in order to get customized service you need to sign up in bit.ly. It's Free by the way.

You can use shorter URL services like bit.ly or tiny.url. User your preferable keywords for shorten your URL and use it bing ppc. Bingo. Remember in order to get customized service you need to sign up in bit.ly. It's Free by the way.
How is that going to work? The domain has to match for both display and destination URLs.

When you say "destination URL" you mean the field in the Ad Setting, or the real URL where user lands?

Because you can have different fields in Display URL and Destination URL in your ad, as long as the real Destination URL redirects in the end to the same Display URL.

I'm not sure if I made it clear, but here's the idea:

you can make direct linking in bing ads to clickbank products, for example.. and I have

Ad Display URL: the final url with the clickbank sales page: thisismycoolsalespage.com
Ad Destination URL: here you can put whatever you want: bit.ly, clickbank's URL with your ID, etc
Final Destination URL: this is what is finally shown in the browser, to the user, after all the redirects and stuff. And this one has to be identical to the Display URL

When you say "destination URL" you mean the field in the Ad Setting, or the real URL where user lands?

Because you can have different fields in Display URL and Destination URL in your ad, as long as the real Destination URL redirects in the end to the same Display URL.

I'm not sure if I made it clear, but here's the idea:

you can make direct linking in bing ads to clickbank products, for example.. and I have

Ad Display URL: the final url with the clickbank sales page: thisismycoolsalespage.com
Ad Destination URL: here you can put whatever you want: bit.ly, clickbank's URL with your ID, etc
Final Destination URL: this is what is finally shown in the browser, to the user, after all the redirects and stuff. And this one has to be identical to the Display URL
Are you still able to do that?

Here is Bing Ads URL policy straight from Bing: Demystifying display, destination and landing page URLs

Well, yeah. Just 2 days ago I setup a campaign with URLs like I said in my previous thread and it's running with no problems.

Again, I don't think Bing cares about the URL you put in the Destination URL, as long as it redirects in the end at the Display URL.

Of course they can't be crazy like this, simply because many guys run the offers through a tracker for split testing and rotating ads and obviously, the Destination URL will be different than the Display URL, but in the end, the final URL where the user lands matters ;)

If you think about it, folks who are using bid management services have to first redirect the user through the bid management tools URL for tracking purposes, which then redirects the user to their ultimate landing page URL - it's that landing page URL which needs to match the display URL in the ad copy.

And by saying the URL needs to be the same, what they really mean is the domain needs to be the same. There are obvious character limits in place for the ad copy, that a traditional URL would normally exceed, so they can't realistically expect everyone's destination URL to be less than 35 characters.

They don't want advertisers showing misleading display URL's such as Geico dot com, making the ads look like they are from an official brand, when actually the destination URL is sending them to some affiliate site for example.

So long story short tracking urls are fine to be used as a destination url as long as the landing page url matches the display url.

This is about Bing enforcing their guidelines. Really enforcing it now.

The display url and the destination url must be the same.
Sunny

Maybe you (or Bing) mean:

The display url and the destination url must lead to the same page (or landing page).

Can anybody comment on that?

banners
Back