The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Best Time To Send Emails?

Mia Gibbons

affiliate
I have set up an autoresponder last week and my email open rates is 5.67% and CTR is 3.47%. All the emails have sent when the visitors have been subscribed in my list. What do you think is above rates are normal? What is your suggestion to best time send emails in order to improve my open rates?

I have set up an autoresponder last week and my email open rates is 5.67% and CTR is 3.47%. All the emails have sent when the visitors have been subscribed in my list. What do you think is above rates are normal? What is your suggestion to best time send emails in order to improve my open rates?

I find when sending emails at around 6PM is the best time. If you want a higher open rate on your emails try making a more catchy subject line something that will stand out more.

Alright I have been tested to sending emails 8 in the morning as well as 5 in the evening and I get better result in the morning. Also remember that your subject line must be attractive. Opening rates is depending on subject.

I always send emails 10 AM and my opening rate is 15.85%. Sometimes I changed the subject line of the same email and in order to A/B testing. You know what open rate always depends on the subject line.

You cant coup with the time, as we live in quite a dynamic world. however there are some best seasons, and a lot of benefit can be acquired by using the emotions, mood, weather and needs.. For example you can engage you prospective customers from a country who is celebrating a national day.

If you want to sell something related with the goods then reach them during a major sporting event.

If you want to sell general gift items then, don't forget to play with the emotions of masses during fathers and mothers day.

If you want to sell, something related to the pets then, keep a track of major pet events

Above are a few examples only, but this approach is quite practical.

Try adding sub ids so you can split test times and see what's best for you. There is no right or wrong answer as everyone's traffic and data will convert different. It would be advised to check what timezones your subscribers are in though so you can work out a suitable time

What is your niche. Because open rates vary on niche to niche.

But I found evening is the best time to send emails. This is really depending on your niche and the behaviour of your audiences. You better do A/B testing before sending emails. Please do care about your subject line as well.

I do agree with @JakeMA. Email marketing is depending on several reasons like your niche choice, occasions, holidays etc. What you needed to do make two emails and do a test run and find your suitable time. Test, test and test. There are no substitute for testing.

I found open rates increase when I send email in the morning. In GetResponse, there is an option named time traveled. Which means it will send emails exactly the subscriber's time. This is too much helpful.

So let's comes to the conclusion. As far read all of your opinions its assume that open rates usually depending on your niche and your connection between you and your subscribers. But rocking part it newbie subscribers always loves to open their email mostly in the morning. True?

Don't forget that open rates also depending on your subject line. But this discussion is about the best time to sending emails, isn't it? For me, I always love to read emails in the morning. But most of the time I read the emails when it reach in my inbox.

Not an easy to answer and probably no one knows the answer for your business or your subscriber list.

You can read many case studies and hope it will works, but it doesn't have to. For example in my business and my location is the best time Sunday afternoon.

First of all you should know, that there are TWO peaks in day, when open rate and click rate is higher. It is at morning and at late afternoon or evening BUT this depends on countries and lifestyle of people. In some countries guys work from 7am in others nobody go out of bed before 8am, this also change results for your company. Good point is to catch time, when people at morning read emails during breakfast or after coming to work. And second peak is when people want to go home from work or they already came home, open pc and check emails.

I would recommend you to check open times of your customers and send them personal emails, you will find out, that many people open emails in exact time of day. For example 7-8am and 90% of their opens or visits of your site will be in that time. This is definitely worth to check and find out.

banners
Back