The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Beeing a full time IM'er? :)

david15923

affiliate
Just out of curiosity, please share If you are a full time internet marketer...

Have you ever got people saying (directly or indirectly) to "get a real job"?
What was your family's & friends' reaction when you told them what you did for a living?
How many times have you had to explain to other people how it works?
How many people have asked you to teach them to be a IM'er (outside of the internet)? Did you try to train those people? If yes, did they succeed?
Do you miss your old job?
At last, How long did you take to make this IM 'thing' a full time career? (from the moment you bought that product that was gonna give you $1M per day without any work until the moment where you quit your job)

"A real job? Im an entrepreneur and will never be anyones bitch ever again!"

What was your family's & friends' reaction when you told them what you did for a living?
"We don't have a clue what you do, but were proud of you and can see you're very good at what ever it is"

On average, 5 times a day at least and they still don't get it!

How many people have asked you to teach them to be a IM'er (outside of the internet)? Did you try to train those people? If yes, did they succeed?
3-4 so far, others will - I'm in the process of teaching a mate the basics and put him onto a few contacts! He will fail as he doesn't have the determination!

hahahahahahahahha

At last, How long did you take to make this IM 'thing' a full time career? (from the moment you bought that product that was gonna give you $1M per day without any work until the moment where you quit your job)
Been online since i was 13, started making money at about 22 and went full time at 23 - I'm 24 now!

Nah.. I hate jobs.. I hate job interviews, following schedules, following orders etc.. that's not my line by the way.

They were clueless, but I got my family's support and trust :)

Haha many times but still they don't get it!

None so far.

I miss my old job? hahaha. I remembered the day when I decided to resign, my boss told me that he will kill me if I tamper his files. So a BIG NO!!! ;)

At last, How long did you take to make this IM 'thing' a full time career?
I've been in a day job for almost a year and my age that time is 18 and I started making money online 2 months after I resigned in my day job. I'm 20 now.

I've encountered this a few times but the more you put in to it and the more successful you get, the more people tend to stop saying it.

As with K, my family were pretty clueless as to what I actually did but they have supported me throughout.

Too many times, I've come to the conclusion that the easiest thing to say is that I 'Help businesses generate sales and leads', job done!

I've had one person who has asked but they are yet to action anything I have taught them so who knows where that will go.

Not at all, that is all I can say!

There's no doubt it takes a while to get things working but with the right mindset you can succeed in anything. I was about 17 when I had my first successful campaign (now 22) but at the time I was naive and blew my money. However I'm back in the game these days with my head screwed on.

This is inspiration to me! I really want to be able to quit my job. I was laid off abt a month and a half and my job is starting to call people back; I'm hoping to have this IM thing going so I wont have to go back to work. I'm starting to make about $2/day. If I can get to $150/day consistently, I wont even think abt going back to my job.

Haha my friends say this to me jokingly all the time. But deep down they know I do work hard for it and respect that.

Most of them thought it was just another "scheme". A few of the people who knew me really well who understood the internet and that it is possible thought I'd be able to do it but most people didn't believe me until I actually did start to make decent bank.

My family still have no idea how it works haha... they're just happy that I'm doing something I love.

I tend to be brief and vague and just say "Marketing" or something like that unless I feel that person is genuinely interested or would be able to understand it. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've explained it to people and they've gone "ah okay that's cool" when deep down inside I can tell that they are just saying that and really have absolutely no fucking idea what I'm about.

I don't blame them for it though. People just have different intelligences and areas of specialty. If I was out at a party and some dude told me that he was a scientist working on nuclear psychics or something (I don't even know if that's a real thing) then I probably wouldn't have a clue what he was on about either.

A few. Some of them I have successfuly helped to build websites and earn dough online but as K said you also get a lot of people who are just looking to jump onto some bandwagon but don't have the drive to go through with it.

I have more success with the people I teach online though. It's easier to find serious people online then offline. Even by just being on a forum like this or in an online affiliate marketing group it shows a certain level of dedication towards making it work that most other people don't have.

Hell no. Sometimes I miss the people and social aspect to it but overall definitely not.

It's hard to say exactly because for the longest time I was dabbling in website creation and a whole bunch of other things but wasn't really doing it for 'profit'. When I decided to take it seriously and go full on towards trying to make a living it probably took me about 12-18 months or so to figure it all out and get something established.

MI
Back