The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Banners questions

define

affiliate
Hey guys,

- What is a good rule for when to cut banners? do you go by CTR, CVR, xx payout spend?

- How many banners do you usually test to find some winners? I start campaigns with 10 banners each and most of them would perform poorly (below .20 CTR, no conversions) while I see people getting positive ROI off the bat in follow alongs, what am I doing wrong?

Appreciate you guys doing this :ninja:

All depends on WHERE you are advertising.

Header, or Footer, Side, Popunders, There are many placements so cutting by CTR is not a good idea.

Run banners and see which ones work the best COMBINED with the rest of your funnel...

The banner is only 1 element.. It needs to flow well with your landing page and offer. Overall you are looking for a winning TEMPLATE.
Not just a winning banner.

10 banners to start is good.. The less you test the more data you can get on a lower budget.

I cut banners once I see other ones performing better than it... This will be a light prune, but then as I gather more clicks and leads
I start trimming more.

Don't worry about what others are doing, everyone comes up differently in this game and campaigns that work for you might not work for them
and vice versa, don't compare yourself to anyone.

There are many factors here. Do the banners speak to the target demographic of the content on the page? Do they adequately communicate the offer? Does the landing page forward the sales process with a consistent theme from impression on the banner through to the sale on the site? If you have a high CTR but low conversion, the banners may not be communicating your offer effectively, or the landing page content may not be helping to convert the sale.

banners
Back