The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Backlinking Question

aceofspadez360

affiliate
Hey all,
I have a question about placing backlinks in blog comments.
When you place your backlink do you put your main blog url example "www.myblog.com"
or do you place the actual link for your blog post example "www.myblog.com/cpa-marketing". Which one is better to optimize? Thanks

Usually when you are adding comment to a page, there would be a "Website" box where you can add your website or internal page. It depends on whether you want to build links for the home page or the internal page.

In my view, even if you trying to get ranked for your home page, it would be a good idea to build at least 10% of the links to your inner pages. That would look natural.

Both man, its the same method either way but like ImAdmirer said inner pages won't hurt and may even get ranked quicker!

For sure .... A good rule of thumb to follow is 80 - 20 rule. 80% home page and 20% innerpage. Not saying 20% of all inner pages but the pages that are most important (buy something / get something / email capture). So for example if you are selling a service or product then you want the ones that people are looking for the most. There is no sense of sending to pages that rarely turnover a sale. On a list builder you want to make sure you are giving something away of value so if you site is about Digtial Photography then you want to give-a-way a eBook or eBook teaser about that niche in enchange for there name and email. Get there email start to send them stuff of value and ever-so-often send them something they can purchase at a great discount as a value memeber of your site.

I'd like to offer a different view on linking inner vs home page.

The thing is, 4 out of 5 times I link to a webpage, it is to one of it's inner pages. I can not claim this, but I am reasonably sure all of you do so too. So, to make it look natural, I would actually link between 20% and 40% of links MAX to the home page, all of the rest to the inner pages.

As far as I understand it, Penguin update hit the sites with many links to home page, and little links to inner pages. It especially hit those with sites with links enriched with exact anchor text.

One of the guys I respect very much suggests you put most links WITHOUT anchor, some with anchors "click here" or "this page" and similar. Now THAT looks natural. Of course, it all has to be coupled with as much DIVERSE links as possible.

Another reason why I think you should mostly link to inner pages where you can, is that simply some methods (like directory listings) usually only allow for the home page link, and not the inner pages. When we understand that most links should go to inner pages to make the site look natural, it is obvious that the sites that only allow the link to our home page would make enough links for the home page itself, and the majority of the rest should point to inner pages.

PS. I also think we as a community should think "landing page" as opposed to "home page". Ie. our most important page is not the www.oursite com, the most important page is the one on which the user "lands" on our site.

banners
Back