Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

AWS free server Vs Digital Ocean for Hosting Your Landing Pages

Segun.dr

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
DigitalRaves
Hi Guys,

I have a big question for one of my pubs. He wants to host his landing pages and have these options for me, I was unable to give straight answer so want to know what Guru's have to say about it.

Here is the question ; " I want to host my landing pages for faster deployment cause of speed and quick turn around in launching a campaign on a VPS, I saw Amazon free AWS is available and digital ocean, what would you advise for hosting a landing page or what other service has worked best for you . Also do you know how speed is calculated on this server, cause I intend to be doing large volume of pops on them ? "

I will appreciate every response. Thanks :)

Thanks guys for your response :)

Which provider should he/she pick?

Whichever instance is closest to the geo he's/she's trying to target.

Yes, he wants to know which is a better provider of VPS server, but the big question is that, he wants to run pop traffic and wants to know which server can be used to host traffic like 1-2million pops daily

Is AWS free for life? Limited amount of free resources?

I dont know how to calculate the resources but i think AWS offers 0.5gb ram and 8gig disk size or so. And its free for 12 months i guess . More details here EC2 Instance Pricing – Amazon Web Services (AWS)

AWS is free in the first year of course u have to put ur credit card info Before u Do that
but it's Cool if u wanna Host your landing pages cus it's CDN better then VPS in beyond Hosting Or sOME WEAR ELSE and i heighily recommend it if u are using Self hosting tracking Software like Voluum or adsbradge

1-2 million pops per day is huge! - If your publiser is spending between $30k - $150k per month on traffic he should already have a server...

Yes, he wants to know which is a better provider of VPS server, but the big question is that, he wants to run pop traffic and wants to know which server can be used to host traffic like 1-2million pops daily.

I dont know how to calculate the resources but i think AWS offers 0.5gb ram and 8gig disk size or so. And its free for 12 months i guess . More details here EC2 Instance Pricing – Amazon Web Services (AWS)

If they're handling static pages only, either provider can handled that amount of traffic without breaking a sweat. Two million pops spread over a 24 hour period averages to about 24 uniques per second. A 1CPU/sub-1GB VPS can handle that under a minute using HTTP 1.1 and under 5 minutes using HTTP2 on a 40kb page. No matter who they go with, just remind them that the closer the instance is to the geo they are targeting the better. The biggest factor in page load speed most of the time is latency. It kind of makes me chuckle at all the tuts/benchmarks out there priding themselves on how many RPS they can achieve.

"The web server that works best is the one that works least." - Me (shout to Ben Frank)

When given any alternative with digital ocean, I will always land to digital ocean. I will share my experience and the reasons why I love the hosting company. In hosting, the speed and security are some of the key things that will affect your landing pages. The uptime of digital ocean is on it is level. They use SSD which enhanced faster retrieval of web pages and the requests too. However, all these do come at a cost, you will have to pay more for all these feature so have that in mind too.

AWS free tier can't haddle that much traffic. You'll need at least 4GB of RAM to be safe. In that case, DigitalOcean is way cheaper than AWS. If you're interested in getting DigitalOcean or AWS configured for maximum speed send me a PM.

banners
Back