The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

aweber or mailchimp?

I don't know which is more affordable but definitely go Aweber! Terrific service and functionality! Also, Aweber welcomes affiliates, Mailchimp does not from what I've heard.

I've been using MailChimp for a couple of years now and had great success. I have also used AWeber and loved it. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Recently I've been checking out MANDRILL by MailChimp. I think K has been using this for a while now also.

Last edited:
I've been using MailChimp for a couple of years now and had great success. I have also used AWeber and loved it. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Recently I've been checking out MANDRILL by MailChimp. I think K has been using this for a while now also.

So, are the rumours of Mailchimp hating affiliates untrue? Sounds like your experience with them has been very positive, unlike stories I've read by others in the industry. I find that interesting and wonder if the haters are spamming, or something.

They apparently don't like some forms of marketers and some forms of marketing. They do have some rather stiff regulations regarding marketing. This is why i don't use them exclusively. I have not been big in email marketing. I've been using them primarily for newsletters and sign-ups for sites I have in various niches. Sometimes I copy the lists over to my AWeber account, but they can be just as demanding as MailChimp. After having read a post about Mandrill by K, I have been leaning more towards moving my business to them for thank yous, transaction receipts, etc. But I don't think they are really for bulk sales pitches, which i don't do. I like my newsletters because they get a higher conversion for my sites. They send folks to special offers on my sites rather than putting the offers in the email like most do..

I recently discovered Pinpointe also, don't have any significant data on them yet. I'm still researching. They came recommended by another marketer.

Interesting, TJ. Don't your list subscribers have to re opt-in when you move them to Aweber? If so, do you lose any/many when you do that?

I've never heard of Pinpointe, will have to look them up.

Sounds like you're a good juggler. :)

Yes, if you import a list to AWeber, the list is sent a "Confirmation Email" that they must click in order to become activated on the list. Now that said, lately I've tried a different approach. What I've done lately is sent a list an email to one of my existing MailChimp lists with a download link for a free product. In order to complete the download, they are required to confirm their email address and name just as it is in the email containing the download link. This confirmation is actually a double opt-in to the new AWeber list. I've found that I get a better result than using the import option at AWeber. However, I need to try this with a couple more of my lists to confirm the results are typical.

I do have many lists, but they are small lists that are very niche oriented, Highly targeted lists. These lists are all under 6000 subscribers each, but I have many of them.

It would be interesting to see another marketers results from this split test so we could compare the data.

Hey Azgold,

I would have to say go with Aweber. This is the only software

i have been using and they have excellent customer service.

As well as helpful guides and blogs to help you list build more effectively.

For mailchimp? I could not say the same, but only because I haven't tried them.

TJ, that sounds like an excellent approach to moving your subscribers! I'll bet it works really well for you.

prince_prince, I'm a huge AWeber fan. They have terrific customer service and a well-respected, top notch product.

I've read that Mailchimp does not allow affiliate marketing.

TJ, that sounds like an excellent approach to moving your subscribers! I'll bet it works really well for you.

I've read that Mailchimp does not allow affiliate marketing.

Yeah, as I said, most of my mailings are to smaller lists (usually under 6k each) and I stick to mostly newsletters at MailChimp. MailChimp has banned affiliate marketers and quite a list of other businesses and groups like credit repair, gambling, etc. They ahve positioned themselves in the industry to be a leader in newsletter mailings and with this they have done a great job.

I do have an AWeber account and when I want to send a marketing email then I use AWeber.

Mandrill is for transactional emails and I am giving them a go now. I have Mandrill integrated into my MailChimp accounts to handle sign-ups and DOI's and receipts.

Yeah, as I said, most of my mailings are to smaller lists (usually under 6k each) and I stick to mostly newsletters at MailChimp. MailChimp has banned affiliate marketers and quite a list of other businesses and groups like credit repair, gambling, etc. They ahve positioned themselves in the industry to be a leader in newsletter mailings and with this they have done a great job.

I do have an AWeber account and when I want to send a marketing email then I use AWeber.

Mandrill is for transactional emails and I am giving them a go now. I have Mandrill integrated into my MailChimp accounts to handle sign-ups and DOI's and receipts.

I have more learning to do before I fully understand Mandrill and 'transactional emails.'

I have more learning to do before I fully understand Mandrill and 'transactional emails.'

Think of transactional emails as those that are part of a membership sign-up or a purchase on your site. Many Email Services are becoming specific in their business models.

Example:

Mandrill is best for Transactional Emails

MailChimp is best for Newsletters

AWeber is best for Email Marketing (and their are many others for this as well)

This is a typical scenario in business. This also falls in the category of Niche Marketing as each of these examples have drilled down into a specific niche most suitable for their business model.

This obviously effects users down the road and requires us as users to pickup additional business accounts in order to do the same job we used to do with one vendor. In business school this is taught as market expansion and client expansion. Two sides of the same coin. When a market is large enough and becomes adequately sophisticated, the products expand into more defined and separate products. In turn, when this happens, it generally adds requirements to the users to expand to additional products thereby expanding consumption. This raises the annual revenues in a given area of business and market.

This is the way of the warrior... actually it is the foundation of a capitalist society. Ever expanding, thereby ever offering opportunities for continued progress and growth!

Aweber, mailchimp do not really cater for affiliate anymore

AWeber touts themselves as an "Email Marketing Service". Now that said, Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing can be distinguished separately. AWeber loves Email Marketing, but they don't like practices of Affiliate Marketers that abuse the system. This is true with any email service.

If you look at the majority of spam complaints, they are associated with unsolicited emails from affiliate marketers.

If you look at the majority of successful email marketing campaigns, you will see they are coming from a list subscribed to by the recipient. The lesson is, don't abuse your list and send your subscribers relevant content only. Relevant to the content they signed up to receive.

I’ve used Mailchimp, and I love it as it’s very simple to manage. Then again, my emailing marketing campaign is almost non-existent…

Hello,

There are many software and companies that can be easily found over the internet. But as per your needs you need to best speed and daily work to be done, also I'm pretty much sure that you might also be concerned about the delivery rates. Well I have tried many free stuff over the internet also many companies who are well know in the market. Allast I'm at the point where I could find all that I'm concerned about, such as IP rotation, Domain rotation, Live Reports ( Opens + Clicks + Deliveries + Bounces + Blocks) and Test Send + Spam test Feature is really nice. People how are well known in the market doesn't mean that they are performing correctly. Imailunlimited they are really amazing people, the SMTPs, Domains and IPs are clean and I have never found them on "Blacklist" as I have checked with many companies they provide blacklisted stuff to there users. I would recommend you to please do check Imailunlimited and I hope your all needs will be fulfilled by them.

Thank you!

banners
Back