The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Anyone use automated directrory submitters?

Hi

Do you use automated directory submitters? Is this could for SEO?

I never use automated directory submitters gkd.

Always prefer to submit my all sites manually with changing titles and descriptions. Its better IMO.

DON.

My general rule about a lot of things including directories, is that Automation produces "One Size Fits All" results and that is in most cases always going to be a compromise.

I think that personal feeling is very important here. Every one should at least try manual submission to learn the basics about that job. It teaches you, how very important is punctuality and how directories differ from each other. I was also advised by some 'experts' to use different short descriptions and your key phrases, which is quite hard to control if somebody else is doing the job. It is truly a huge job if you submit to 1000 or more directories and it takes hours and hours and hours. (I did 'only' about 600 until now for 3 web sites). I don't want even to think about using automatic submission, but again, I am not a professional in this topic.

I have never used an automated system for submitting to directories. I have found that the best way is to do your submissions manually. You will know where your submission is going and how effective it will be by tracking your progress with SEO. I recommend you do it manually for the best results.

No one will try for automated submission if they know a bit about automated submission work and how can they hurt your site and quality :sweat:.

So you should also avoid automated submission because generally most of people consider on it due to shortcut way and to save his time but one thing is truth of world that long way is better than shortcut because its safe.

To know more why you should not choose automated submission you can choose my site from my profile to know more about Manual directory submission and why should you avoid automated submission service.

Do you use automated directory submitters? Is this could for SEO?

I've used the program, Webceo. It is is free and constantly updated with search engines and directories. Search for it on google. You can actually do the submissions as auto or manual in the program, but at least it has a good size list to go through.

Just remember it's always best to not submit to the same search engine or directory several times in a year. Some search engines and directories do happen to ban websites if you submit them too often.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eww, WebCEO is crap. If I ever was to use any type of auto submitter it would probably have to be IBP.

I think there is a thread similar to this somewhere here.

KP

If I ever was to use any type of auto submitter it would probably have to be IBP.
Yea, but IBP is for the rich. I do actually have a copy and did pay for one year. I do use it still and it has really helped me a lot with SEO. However, renewing it to update the database is a bit too costly for many people.

WebCEO is not really that bad, it does the job for the submission part. However, I don't use it for anything else, as the rest of the features as I would agree are mostly useless. I also don't subscribe to the advanced version, as it's a waste also.

Last edited by a moderator:
MI
Back