Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Anyone had trouble with the law?

K

Administrator
Administrator
Internet Marketing Deals
High Converting Landing Pages | ConversionWise
So we know offline can be illegal in some ways, for example sticking flyers on cars etc or sign posts

has anyone run into the law?

I have not, have been told in the past to leave the property or they were going to call the cops.

Do not make your movements seem suspicious meaning don't lurk around and do things like hide when you see people approach their cars. The police intervenes only when there is a complaint or when they suspect car lifters to be on the prowl!

Yeah...in some states in the US I guess they do have laws against fliers, not too sure about the details though.

I have had trouble in the past with those bandit signs. You know those little signs you put at a curb. But how I fixed it was I would use text messaging ,Example; Text chairs to ---- for A Super Exclusive Sale On chairs going on right now. So the township was to lazy to follow threw to find out who was advertising it that way. With the fliers I do it the same way.
Guy's local marketing is so hot you have to get in. You can sell everything and do not worry if you do not know how to do something like rank a site anything build a site anything. You can outsource it.
Honest to god I am no longer taking on anymore local clients only threw referral. That's how hot this market is. Mobile websites and Facebook fan pages are the first things and SMS Messsaging & SEO these sell themselves .
Do this and you will get a local client every time. I have never been told no thanks.

Here a tip go into Google and look up Lawyers in your area take a screen shot of 1st page then take a screen shot of 3rd page . After you have your screen shot go to your local place to have the screen shot blow up poster size.

Then go to all the lawyers on 3rd page and back and sell them SEO but do not promise first page promise to improve greatly there rankings because you can not dictate Google and there changes but most of your clients end up on the first page.
It gets a new client every-time.
I hope you enjoyed this tip.

I have had trouble in the past with those bandit signs. You know those little signs you put at a curb. But how I fixed it was I would use text messaging ,Example; Text chairs to ---- for A Super Exclusive Sale On chairs going on right now. So the township was to lazy to follow threw to find out who was advertising it that way. With the fliers I do it the same way.
Guy's local marketing is so hot you have to get in. You can sell everything and do not worry if you do not know how to do something like rank a site anything build a site anything. You can outsource it.
Honest to god I am no longer taking on anymore local clients only threw referral. That's how hot this market is. Mobile websites and Facebook fan pages are the first things and SMS Messsaging & SEO these sell themselves .
Do this and you will get a local client every time. I have never been told no thanks.

Here a tip go into Google and look up Lawyers in your area take a screen shot of 1st page then take a screen shot of 3rd page . After you have your screen shot go to your local place to have the screen shot blow up poster size.

Then go to all the lawyers on 3rd page and back and sell them SEO but do not promise first page promise to improve greatly there rankings because you can not dictate Google and there changes but most of your clients end up on the first page.
It gets a new client every-time.
I hope you enjoyed this tip.
You need to write some guides on here with some screenshots :) - also where do you live? How tough are the laws on marketing?

The laws on passing out flyers, bandits signs or whatever are almost non existent. Nobody sits around and enforces these. Just get out there and do it.

There are also places here in Ontario where it is illegal to have signs on your property. Of any kind. Where my sister lives, realtors can't even put out For Sale signs, it's a town bylaw and they actually enforce it. Where I live though, you can put out signs on your property. I often see signs on posts too but don't know if they're legal or not. Regarding fliers, I'm not sure as I haven't seen a flyer on a car (other than a parking ticket) for a very long time.

It's not illegal to put fliers in mailboxes though.

Wow, can't believe they can't put out for sale signs - I guess it's all done online?

Wow, can't believe they can't put out for sale signs - I guess it's all done online?

Through the realtors (think you guys call them estate agents, or so they call them on TV), who show pics and details on an MLS site. Then the realtor takes people to view the houses. Some local businesses put signs out anyway until they're ordered to take them down, like little side street eateries and realtors.

Here you will often see people passing flyers to cars at a red streetlight on a busy street. and drivers will often grab them in a very automatic way so is mad easy heh. You will also see plenty of leadgen (like bogus job offers, asking for an email CV, or "offline biz ops") in the newspapers. Not to mention we don't really have an internet law about email spam yet, so is kind of a "free for all" wild west marketing scene lol.

And I'm talking about the allegedly 13th economy in the world, even though I believe that is a bogus ranking.

Cheers & good luck.

Here you will often see people passing flyers to cars at a red streetlight on a busy street. and drivers will often grab them in a very automatic way so is mad easy heh.

Does that actually work, or do people just throw them away without bothering to read. I mean, if they're just grabbing them and going, is it just to make the person stop bothering them?

You will also see plenty of leadgen (like bogus job offers, asking for an email CV, or "offline biz ops") in the newspapers.

We were actually taught to do that via free classifieds by Vic Strizheus, in Global Success Club (now Big Idea Mastermind).

Last edited:
MI
Back