The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Amazon Niche Selection with stats (help)

Great day everyone!

Can you help me choose what niche to target based on this stats?
I researched these niches for about an hour and can't decide.
It is all amazon products.

I use Jay Wessman method to do this. :)

kitchen niches question 1 4 13.jpg

Please help me?? :)

Hi buddy !

I would simply follow the amount of search queries, as your competition is in all cases only low or slight.

In my view the amazon rank is a worthless statement, since you always will and have to compete with amazon.

My further suggestion: Try it also with vids, because people in our times prefer visible demonstrations instead of bare text.

Anyway, much success !!

Addition: If you shy away from the SERPs, then keyword # 7 will be reasonably.
But that shouldn't be the only reason, since with a good SEO and an appropriate number of backlinks
you can pass by a lot of the SERPs :), as many, many sites make little or no SEO at all.
(But that's not interesting for us, since we as Ninjas always want to appear on RP 1 - but this is
then again not the simpliest job ... )

Btw, which tool have you used or do you use for the competition analysis ??

Thanks a lot Mark!
I don't use paid or complex tool for this. I only use GKT and Google search combined with my experience in SEO :)
What I did is I check the sites of the top 10 in Serps. Analyze their On page with a quick look. (Most of them are not a affiliate site)
That's it. If they don't optimize the keyword I choose, it means I can rank it in number 1 in no time. Actually, the niches/keywords I choose there are all easy.
I just wanted to know what to go first. Haha.
I am in a tight budget. :)

What softwares do you recommend in analyzing competition?

Hi again with the endless SEO-topic :)

If they don't optimize the keyword I choose, it means I can rank it in number 1 in no time. Actually, the niches/keywords I choose there are all easy.
That's the point. My experience told me other things: With a good on-page optimization one can easily rank on a result page (RP) 5 or less, but to come on page 1 - which is the interesting RP, because most people just look on RP1 - is hard, because here you have the top sites with a good SEO and also with a lot of backlinks on it. So in my experience the number of SERPs isn't as important, because most of the sites have neither a good SEO, nor an off-page optimization, and one can easily beat these sites, but to come finally on RP1 is not as easy, because here you have to compete with the really top-websites.
Recently I posted my experience on Casey's thread:
http://www.cpafix.com/f20/building-niche-websites-put-simply-only-guide-youll-ever-need-3877/
I am curious about his case study, because - as I said - my experience showed me that the off-page part is still very important to reach finally RP1. (I wish I am wrong in this, and Casey's Study will prove the opposite.)

@ competition analysis: Fact is, that Google has more than 400 criteria to evaluate a website, and nobody knows all these criteria :(
(Probably millions of webmasters would like to have a candle light dinner with Matt Cutts, G's engineer, only to get a brief insight into these criteria.)
So an analysis tool can only give an insight in just a part of these criteria, but not in everything - and for that they want money :p
These tools can be a clue, but not more. In the following two tools that I tried recently:
http://www[.]advancedwebranking[.]com (The competition analysis you will find among the features.)
http://www[.]sistrix[.]de/toolbox/ (I think it's also available in English.)
They have free trials, and if you use them again later, you simply open a new account via a proxy :cool: But as I mentioned, these tools can be an indicator, but no security - for this the results oscillate too much.

I'm still searching for good solutions ... , and curious about Casey's strategy.

Lots of success !!

Hello Marc,

TT Comp An first 5 - Copy.jpgTT Comp An last  5 - Copy.jpg
I used traffic travis :)

You are right with the off page part. Actually, I have some experience ranking a site with re-written article. I am no writer so I believe it have poor quality and it ranked.
I just did some high quality linking and some pyramids. :)

Hmmmm?
Maybe, the answer for this question is for me to make a case study about this myself :)

BTW, Thanks for the ideas man. You really helped a lot.

To our success!
and more $$$$$

Nyahaha.. If your fast, I mistakenly uploaded my niches. :)
Edited.. =D

If your fast, I mistakenly uploaded my niches. :)
Don't worry, mate - unfortunately I was too late, lol

smile, I already thought that you used tt. It's good, but as mentioned, I'm still searching for other tools, cauze I'm pretty sure that there are sharper programs available out there, software which the big companies are using. But probably these programs will be quite expensive ...

one final hint:
If you want to upload pics from your hard disk to CPAFix in their real size, I wrote a brief guide about that:
http://www.cpafix.com/f9/how-simply-upload-images-their-real-size-cpafix-4014/
In other words, if you wanna show your pic
1097d1364797199t-amazon-niche-selection-stats-help-kitchen-niches-question-1-4-13.jpg
in its real size:
[I assume, it's OK, if I use your own pic for the demonstration :)]

1097d1364797199-amazon-niche-selection-stats-help-kitchen-niches-question-1-4-13.jpg

MI
Back