The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Amazon decline- what am I doing wrong?

jsammy

affiliate
In trying to follow Jay's case study, using shopperpress, I keep getting declined my Amazon when getting approved to be an affiliate. The first time I was declined because the site really wasn't set up proper.Now it;s being declined because:

Our Amazon.com Associates Program is not set up to just Advertise Amazon.com links within websites, or make mini Amazon websites. The Amazon.com Associates Program is set up to assist existing websites in monetizing and enriching their content. The program is not set up to be the only reason for your website.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Ideas?

They don't want your website on their program. You can create a real quality website and apply for an affiliate account but they might ban you when they see it used on a site that is basically a shop for Amazon products.

Well yes, it's obvious they don't want my site lol :)

But how is what I am doing any different then Jay's case study? Or for that matter, anyone that is familiar with shopperpress, anyone else that has ever used shopperpress for amazon? Hmm doesn't make sense...

If by quality site you are referring to a blog with articles etc about the items and just simple links or widgets from amazon..that isn't what Jay used. He specifically used Shoperpress which is nothing more than a shopping cart theme for wordpress. How did he get away with it? :p

Once you get approved you can do whatever you want...pretty much.

Do you have a personal account on amazon? if your a customer they have a hard time saying no. I bought crap here for 5 years... guess I'll go to ebay.

Did you use your domain email or a free mail? It's good to have a site with domain based email and looks like a home base? I have a "media" site with a bunch of Payperclick private label articles that is just for networks and such. It makes me look cooler then I am.

These are two things that can up your chances. The little guy get screwed a lot so you have to be like a puffer fish.

#100 That is the fun part of internet marketing usually one problem after another. lol A lot of 1 step forward 3 steps back but sometimes you find an escalator.

#100 That is the fun part of internet marketing usually one problem after another. lol A lot of 1 step forward 3 steps back but sometimes you find an escalator.

EDIT: So if I just get one site approved I can have all my other sites hop on board?

I think I started my follow along prematurely LOL, I don't want it to be too inundated with too many questions, comments, etc

Good advice BTW...

Last edited:
It's wordpress just write a couple articles 5-10 back date them so they look staggered. Put a couple ads from click bank or something near the top. couple hours work then activate the shopper thing after you get accepted. You shouldn't lie to the networks BUT that doesn't mean you have to volunteer information.

If you need a lift.... I have 6 clicks on my follow along so I'm going to have to do some major adjustments.

It's wordpress just write a couple articles 5-10 back date them so they look staggered. Put a couple ads from click bank or something near the top. couple hours work then activate the shopper thing after you get accepted. You shouldn't lie to the networks BUT that doesn't mean you have to volunteer information.

If you need a lift.... I have 6 clicks on my follow along so I'm going to have to do some major adjustments.

Funny thing is I had a site i was working on before and stopped with about 10 articles.I switched it up, added adsense to that, as someone else suggested I do that.

I do not know what you mean by having 6 clicks left on your follow along. please explain :)

You could use the adsense article site just make sure it's not over done. Just make it look like "a site with ads" on it, not an "ad site with content" hope that makes sense. It won't hurt as you need to get proficient at building sites anyways this is good practice. Always a bright side.

I'm doing a PPC follow along and my clicks are coming up short. only 6 clicks in 3 days. I'm being impatient, I'm just going to work on another one so i don't keep messing with this one. My ratio is fine just no traffic. Sometimes you get 1 good one sometimes it's 100 slow ones. Always a bright side

Yes once you are approved or have built a relationship with them they properly don't monitor every site. Have you tried calling them and asking to speak with someone who can explain what exactly there looking for?

Although I probably repeat what others have already said in some form (but repetition is not a bad thing),
for your first application as an Amazon Partner (affiliate) you need a ready-made website with three to five articles already on it, articles with relevant value, but no thin affiliate spam. Then you will get approved ;)

But how is what I am doing any different then Jay's case study?
Once you got approved, you get your own Partner-ID which automatically applies to all following sites.
Once you have your own ID, you can do what you want and put as many partnerlinks on your site as you want.
And that's exactly the difference between you and Jay's case study. Jay already has his partner ID, doesn't need an approval and can link in the way like he wants.

Maybe the shopperpress theme isn't the best theme for your first application, especially if you have already pics from amazon on it.
Choose a simple theme, a few reasonable articles on it, and you will get your partner ID. From then on, amazon will support you ;)

Last edited:
Finally. Accepted. You are all snickering in your chairs LOL

Either remembering back when you went through this or..... :)

Although I probably repeat what others have already said in some form (but repetition is not a bad thing),
for your first application as an Amazon Partner (affiliate) you need a ready-made website with three to five articles already on it, articles with relevant value, but no thin affiliate spam. Then you will get approved ;)

Once you got approved, you get your own Partner-ID which automatically applies to all following sites.
Once you have your own ID, you can do what you want and put as many partnerlinks on your site as you want.
And that's exactly the difference between you and Jay's case study. Jay already has his partner ID, doesn't need an approval and can link in the way like he wants.

Maybe the shopperpress theme isn't the best theme for your first application, especially if you have already pics from amazon on it.
Choose a simple theme, a few reasonable articles on it, and you will get your partner ID. From then on, amazon will support you ;)

We all receive declines from Networks... Kinda like Dating. Have to keep after it.

I know this thread is old but THANK YOU so much for this advice. I've been scared to death to apply to Amazon because I wasn't sure what they were looking for but now I have a much better idea.

Thank you again. :)

I know this thread is old but THANK YOU so much for this advice. I've been scared to death to apply to Amazon because I wasn't sure what they were looking for but now I have a much better idea.

Thank you again. :)

A free blog will work, too. My son-in-law got approved with his. As mentioned in a different thread, no rule-breakers on it.

Going out my mind to get accepted, the original plan for my site was to get on board with multiple companies and I read from numerous places Amazon is the easiest, so I thought I would start with them to give me a leg to stand on when it came to approaching other companies, this is the exact email I have gotten twice from Amazon:

Hello,

I have reviewed of your application to become an Amazon Associate, and visited the website where you planned to advertise for Amazon.co.uk.

When selecting Amazon.co.uk Associates Programme participants, we try to determine why a customer would seek out the website in question, review the topic or content of the website, and subsequently follow a link to Amazon.co.uk.

The programme is not set up to simply advertise Amazon.co.uk and third party links within websites, or make mini Amazon websites.

Since your website does not appear to be finished, we are unable to view your content in its entirety.

We have decided that your site may not present a mutually beneficial business opportunity and because of this, we can not accept your application at this time.

We encourage you to resubmit your application after creating a unique site with original content.

Thank you for your interest in the Associates Programme.

The first time I applied the site was set up ready for products etc which is why it could have looked like a "mini amazon" so to speak, but let's be honest, that's what the affiliate program is there for really anyway, as long as it drives them sales who are they to be picky? I didn't half ass my application, I told them I was approaching them first out of respect of the company and wish to branch out to others eventually.

Anyway, I totally changed the site to make it more like a review site with a link to where you can buy the product, didn't just use Amazon (Just so it didn't look like a mini amazon again!)

Got the exact same email within 20 minutes of applying..

I don't know what to do now..completely change my site JUST to get accepted then change it back?

It's ridiculous.

Going out my mind to get accepted, the original plan for my site was to get on board with multiple companies and I read from numerous places Amazon is the easiest, so I thought I would start with them to give me a leg to stand on when it came to approaching other companies, this is the exact email I have gotten twice from Amazon:

The first time I applied the site was set up ready for products etc which is why it could have looked like a "mini amazon" so to speak, but let's be honest, that's what the affiliate program is there for really anyway, as long as it drives them sales who are they to be picky? I didn't half ass my application, I told them I was approaching them first out of respect of the company and wish to branch out to others eventually.

Anyway, I totally changed the site to make it more like a review site with a link to where you can buy the product, didn't just use Amazon (Just so it didn't look like a mini amazon again!)

Got the exact same email within 20 minutes of applying..

I don't know what to do now..completely change my site JUST to get accepted then change it back?

It's ridiculous.

Seems to be harder now than it was a few years ago.

You could try going through a third party, i.e. HubPages. You'd have to write some hubs first, though but you can apply via their interface, gives you some leverage.

banners
Back