The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Alert! Newbie Detected. Good Evening To You Guys! :D

realim78

affiliate
Hello guys, I am new to the forums and would like to start by introducing myself to you guys. I am a 19 year old from the United Kingdom and I have been looking into affiliate marketing anywhere from a year or so. I have yet to gasp the methods I could engineer in my business which falsely puts me in a sticky situation. I am looking to gain a bit of knowledge because I really do find affiliate marketing interesting! I want to know more about afilliate marketing i.e. how to stand out from the rest. What kind of traffic sources could I use. I am not into blogging etc... I much prefer just paid traffic. Well that's about it and looking forward to hearing from you guys :)

Hello guys, I am new to the forums and would like to start by introducing myself to you guys.

Hello @realim78 and welcome to the AffiliateFix! You have the right idea, introducing yourself around. Being active in the forums is the best and quickest way to start receiving the guidance you seek. Just remember, the rubber doesn't meet the road until you take action. Be sure to study our WIKI and use it as your daily reference. Also, this thread may be of great help in understanding how to avoid many of the obstacles Newbies think they face, As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started.

I am a 19 year old from the United Kingdom and I have been looking into affiliate marketing anywhere from a year or so. I have yet to gasp the methods I could engineer in my business which falsely puts me in a sticky situation.

Listen up, the hardest thing for Newbies in this industry to do is to start at the beginning. You must learn the basics and put them into action in order for you to truly perpetuate your new business. Do not get distracted from this by all of the "shiny objects" out there that promise over night riches and shortcuts to fame and fortune. For your own benefit, I recommend to all the following initial goals:

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
5. Select a traffic source
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

I am looking to gain a bit of knowledge because I really do find affiliate marketing interesting! I want to know more about afilliate marketing i.e. how to stand out from the rest. What kind of traffic sources could I use. I am not into blogging etc... I much prefer just paid traffic.

All of this is great. Before you stand out from the rest, you must gain the knowledge to do so.

Study, learn, implement, and repeat. This is the daily practice of every successful marketer on the planet.

We look forward to seeing you around the forum!

T J

Hello @realim78 and welcome to the AffiliateFix! You have the right idea, introducing yourself around. Being active in the forums is the best and quickest way to start receiving the guidance you seek. Just remember, the rubber doesn't meet the road until you take action. Be sure to study our WIKI and use it as your daily reference. Also, this thread may be of great help in understanding how to avoid many of the obstacles Newbies think they face, As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started.

Listen up, the hardest thing for Newbies in this industry to do is to start at the beginning. You must learn the basics and put them into action in order for you to truly perpetuate your new business. Do not get distracted from this by all of the "shiny objects" out there that promise over night riches and shortcuts to fame and fortune. For your own benefit, I recommend to all the following initial goals:

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

All of this is great. Before you stand out from the rest, you must gain the knowledge to do so.

Study, learn, implement, and repeat. This is the daily practice of every successful marketer on the planet.

T J

Hi tjtutor! Thank you for your warm welcome to the forum! I feel at home already :). I am almost finished reading through the "What is Affiliate marketing post". So far I have taken in a lot of information. Thank you for your guidance and amazing support!

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker

T J

Hey there! Are we not suppose to get a VPS after we choose our market place and do our research to see if the product we are promoting is suitable and according to the research we did to see if here is a demand or not, then we choose a VPS to match our product that we are promoting? Also, may I ask if clickbank is worth using as my market place?

Hey there! Are we not suppose to get a VPS after we choose our market place and do our research to see if the product we are promoting is suitable and according to the research we did to see if here is a demand or not, then we choose a VPS to match our product that we are promoting?

A VPS will be used to host your domains, landing pages, blogs, or whatever types of scripts and sites you choose to put on your domains.

If you are going to stick with non-adult domains, sites, and services, then most any traditional hosting companies will do. If you are going to host adult content, then you will need a host that allows this.

Also, may I ask if clickbank is worth using as my market place?

I can't determine for you what networks you would, or should, choose to promote offers. You need to study and learn about the items I originally posted for you, researching verticals is something you will need to decide for yourself. There are so many networks with offers and so many different ways to promote them that no one but you can finally decide what networks and offers will be of interest for you to promote.

A VPS will be used to host your domains, landing pages, blogs, or whatever types of scripts and sites you choose to put on your domains.

If you are going to stick with non-adult domains, sites, and services, then most any traditional hosting companies will do. If you are going to host adult content, then you will need a host that allows this.

I can't determine for you what networks you would, or should, choose to promote offers. You need to study and learn about the items I originally posted for you, researching verticals is something you will need to decide for yourself. There are so many networks with offers and so many different ways to promote them that no one but you can finally decide what networks and offers will be of interest for you to promote.

May I ask where I can find a affiliate manager from?

MI
Back