The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Age limit for signing up to CPA networks?

Angelman

Hi there,

My 15 year old nephew is very keen to get into IM. He has some experience of creating and running websites and he runs a couple of quite popular Facebook fan pages.

What I'd like to know is whether there are age limits to signing up with CPA networks. IE. does he have to be 18 to sign up? I read a lot of stories about 15 or 16 year olds making money online and assume therefore that it must be possible.

Does anyone have any information on this topic, or have any details about which networks would be most suitable to apply to, or networks that auto-approve perhaps?

I would appreciate any info on this, so I can feed it back to my nephew.

Cheers!

Hi my friend,

I can´t give you a legal advice on this, but I think it should be possible, if all net- activities of your nephew are handled e.g. via your name, i.e. all the legal stuff like Imprint, Disclaimer, registration etc.
Cheers!
[By the way, you are right: Merlot is better than Bardolino! Cheers again!:eek:]

Thanks Marc, to be honest, I'd prefer to have everything done in his name, have all his own accounts etc. I don't really want to be too involved in his activities too much, as he has his own ideas and ways of doing things. Thanks though, I''ll see if any of the networks can give me info on whether they accept under 18's.

PS. I am halfway through that bottle of Bardolino right now! - I like it - but nothing beats a good Merlot! ;)

In most cases a network will not approve anyone under 18 years old for legal and tax purposes.

I started in IM when i was 14. I didn't have any issues. It was one of those things you just didn't tell them ;)

Wish him good luck, I remember making a few hundred dollars when I was that young and feeling like I was the king of the world.

In most cases a network will not approve anyone under 18 years old for legal and tax purposes.

Thanks Luke. So I guess these 15 and 16 year olds making money online must just be keeping quiet (aka lying!) about their ages to get into networks? Either that or getting their parents to sign up I suppose. Hmm.

I started in IM when i was 14. I didn't have any issues. It was one of those things you just didn't tell them ;)

Wish him good luck, I remember making a few hundred dollars when I was that young and feeling like I was the king of the world.

Cheers Shane, that's very interesting to know. He is very keen and I think he could do well.

As for applying to networks and not telling them your age - my experience of applying to networks in the last few months suggests that might be difficult. Most have wanted to speak to me on the phone and interview me and I'm not sure how well he'd handle that part of the process.

Thanks Luke. So I guess these 15 and 16 year olds making money online must just be keeping quiet (aka lying!) about their ages to get into networks? Either that or getting their parents to sign up I suppose. Hmm.

Well, a lot of networks are starting to ask for more proof (ex: ID verification), which will stop anyone from lying their way into a network, but I imagine there are still quite a few using their parents information. As long as a parent is okay with it and understand they're going to have to pay taxes on the earnings, I personally see nothing wrong with that really. My first AdSense account was in my mom's name. lol

What kind of stuff will you have him doing? I'd have no problem working with him, but my network is primarily for FB content locking.

Thanks for your offer Shane.

He'll be doing it all off his own back, nothing to do with me, I am just being the encouraging uncle! :)

But he will mainly be trying to monetise a couple of Facebook pages that he runs (to begin with). Not sure of the content locking suitability though.

Well, a lot of networks are starting to ask for more proof (ex: ID verification), which will stop anyone from lying their way into a network, but I imagine there are still quite a few using their parents information. As long as a parent is okay with it and understand they're going to have to pay taxes on the earnings, I personally see nothing wrong with that really. My first AdSense account was in my mom's name. lol

Thanks a lot Luke. I can understand the network's position on this, but I'd hate to dampen his enthusiasm for this, so I will see if we can't work out some arrangement whereby he can get an account somewhere. Cheers.

banners
Back