The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Affiliate Tracker spy and theft Data from there clients accounts?

Micheal

Hi,

Affiliate tracker like Voluum, Bemob, CPVLAB, etc have the access to the account. Even a platform like CPVLAB (Hosted in client server) can get the data with help of "API"

Do they make a spy. Like checking all there client, which clients making big money or which campaign is performing amazing.

So, they run those campaign and gain much big profit.

Is our Data is safe with them?. Do these tracker values the privacy of advertisers?

Official policy --yes
Rogue employees are another matter.
Why would someone, intentionally, chance to possibly destroy their business reputation to make a few thousand?
So your paranoia makes no sense really.

Data at rest, (or no being used), that is not encrypted, is a security hole. That is more common than you think in enterprise. I have no firsthand knowledge of that policy in relation to any tracker.
can get the data with help of "API"
Can you be more specific? If remote hosted apps have an api it would have been detected by now. Firewall your server. a remote IP cannot access a properly secured database. Any api call would have to be to a HTTP port and would be logged.

Last edited:
Why would someone, intentionally, chance to possibly destroy their business reputation to make a few thousand?
Seriously. Ignore me. Some affiliators i personally know them makes approx 10K USD a day and use third-party tracker. 10k USD a day is not a small money or few thousands.

Companies like Amazon.com do this. Why you think Voluum or CPVLAB do not do these. When amazon.com find any product selling better then they manufacture and sell the same target because they have all the data.

Now question why multi-billion dollar companies do this? because every penny makes billion.

Even they do. How peoples know they spy them. there is no chance of peoples knowing what Voluum, CPVLAB, etc are doing.

Can you be more specific? If remote hosted apps have an api it would have been detected by now. Firewall your server. a remote IP cannot access a properly secured database. Any api call would have to be to a HTTP port and would be logged.
API also sending and receive basic information like License details, expiry, server ip, domain name, etc then why cant they use same API to get campaign details or maybe logins.

Or maybe these client-side-hosted script have there own master logins which we are unaware of because of it encrption with ioncube.

Let says, Voluum or CPVLAB makes 1 million dollar per month in revenue and they have 100+ affiliate who makes 100K - 2M dollar a month. Why do not they spy there affiliate when they can make even more profits? (Company Revenue + Well-learned campaign revenue)?

Hi @Micheal,

I'm Julia from CPV Lab and I can tell you that we really don't take any data from our users. In fact, this is quite a downside for us as we have no idea what verticals/sources our customers are using. Except when we ask them directly.

From a business point of view, this is not ideal... but this is what our users pay for: 100% privacy. Our self-hosted tracker keeps all campaigns and data securely on your server and in your database, not on our servers.

And I believe that any tracker that wants to do business will respect clients' privacy. Of course that I can't talk about the others, but I want to believe that any tracker knows that user's security and privacy are super important. You can't maintain a profitable business if you cheat... sooner or later that will get uncovered.

Regarding the API calls: since you have CPV Lab on your server, you can check the requests being made to the API endpoints, so any suspicious activity can be seen in the server logs. We never make such calls, but for your peace of mind, just check the server logs.

The only calls that CPV Lab makes are for checking the license and for getting the latest lift of predefined networks. Everything else is handled and kept on our users' servers.

Our customers' success means our success as well! If a customer can make $1M, then this is great! His recommendation is more precious than anything else.

Julia

API also sending and receive basic information like License details, expiry, server ip, domain name, etc then why cant they use same API to get campaign details or maybe logins.

Or maybe these client-side-hosted script have there own master logins which we are unaware of because of it encrption with ioncube.
You don't understand API security at all.

I will ignore you --talk to the hand.

Hi,

Affiliate tracker like Voluum, Bemob, CPVLAB, etc have the access to the account. Even a platform like CPVLAB (Hosted in client server) can get the data with help of "API"

Do they make a spy. Like checking all there client, which clients making big money or which campaign is performing amazing.

So, they run those campaign and gain much big profit.

Is our Data is safe with them?. Do these tracker values the privacy of advertisers?

"Stop drinking the kool aid!"

kool aid GIF

MI
Back