The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Affiliate Summit News, Rumors, Updates

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Since I could not make it at the last minute and had to cancel, I will be covering all the news and adding it to the 5 Star forum as I find good reports on blogs. So reading the 5 star forum will be almost as good as being at the event. Lots of bloggers are blogging live from the Summit, so I will just keep adding links to the news here in the forum instead of starting a new blog here for each one.

Stay Tuned to the 5 Star Channel! :D

Podcast Series from Affiliate Summit With Declan Dunn and Paul Colligan

New Podcast Series for Affiliate Summit With Declan Dunn and Paul Colligan. Declan and Paul will be interviewing Affiliate Summit attendees on topics of the audience's choosing. Submit a question and get an answer from one of over 1,000 great minds and industry thoughtshapers that are attending this event.

We're going to ask the affiliate community what will dramatically impact affiliate programs in 2006 with special, 5-Minute podcasts in the next two weeks. Share a questions and we'll share a special Juice media player with the Podcast Series for you to listen and learn now and during Affiliate Summit. The Podcasts will be posted on a regular basis to a special feed you can get by submitting a question.
Ask a question or listen up here: http://www.buildingbuzz2006.com/

Affiliate Summit, Day 1 - The Drama Begins!

Shawn has made an intro blog about the 1st day of the event - Sunday at the Summit. Jeff Molander stood up Lisa Picarille at the speed networking session. The drama begins! ;) Follow the action as I report it here.

Affiliate Summit Kicks Off in Las Vegas

http://www.affiliatetip.com/blog/archives/affiliate_summit_kicks_off_in_las_vegas.html

More coming soon as I find it, OR you guys can help me!!! Come on it will be fun! When you find Summit blogs or news with your blog reader post a short snippet and a link here. :)

Stay Tuned to the 5 Star Channel for More!

Multiplying Your Google AdSense Income

Multiplying Your Google AdSense Income

Jeremy Palmer a CJ ward winning affiliate just blogged a quick review of the Google Adsense Seminar at the Summit

I just got back from Joel Comm's session, "Multiplying Your Google AdSense Income", here at Affiliate Summit. The session got off to a slow start due to the long lines at the registration desk, however, Joel managed to get through his entire presentation without any problems.
Check out the rest at Jeremy's blog - Quit Your Day Job!
http://www.quityourdayjob.com/blog/

I am so glad to see this for reasons people who know about Wayne's current situation can relate to but also for all the work he has done for the Industry and especially for fighting spyware and malware.

From the Affiliate Program Tip Blog: Wayne Porter Honored with the Affiliate Summit Legend Award

"Wayne Porter was recognized on the first day of Affiliate Summit 2006 because of his extensive work in affiliate marketing dating back to the 1990's. Some of Wayne's contributions to the industry have been...

* AffiliateHelp.com - publisher of this early resource for affiliates
* Affiliate Union - on the Board of Directors for this effort to establish a group of affiliates to create a certification for affiliate programs
* AffTrack - VP of Product Development
* ReveNews - one of the founders
* Affiliate Marketing 101 - co-authored guide for Webmasters to succeed as affiliates
* Organizer and moderator of the Performance Marketing Summit in November 2002, which spurred on the networks to establish policies regarding affiliates using adware, BHO's, etc"
Read the rest... http://www.affiliatetip.com/blog/ar...d_with_the_affiliate_summit_legend_award.html

Top 5 Affiliate Marketing Opportunities for 2006

Shawn reports on the Affiliate Program Tip Blog:

"Anne Holland, Publisher of MarketingSherpa, gave the keynote address on the first day of Affiliate Summit, and covered the Top 5 Affiliate Marketing Opportunities for 2006."
http://www.affiliatetip.com/blog/archives/top_5_affiliate_marketing_opportunities_for

A copy of her presentation is available at the link above so you can see what she presented and what those top 5 opps are in her opinion.

It was simply great

The summit was great, alot better than I expected. The sessions were informative and I was realy happy to see that there was alot of interest from many affialite managers about the "Affiliate fraud" session.

They fed everyone breakfast and lunch, which is more than I can say for most trade shows. The floor was filled with exvitement and a great vibe. The networking functions were also very fun and useful.

As an exhibitor I was very happy and am sold on exhibiting again by having had a great experience.

Hi Danay,

Thanks SOOOOOO much for posting and giving us your feedback about the event. I have been reading all the posts at AffiliateManager.net, Shawns forum and everyone says it was by far the best Summit yet. Unfortunately all the posts are in the private affiliate manager section, so many people here can't read them or see the pics.

Official event pics will be posted soon plus PartnerCentric and some others took pictures. I will post the links here as I find them so all of you can put a face to some names. I want scadalous pics of someone dancing on tables or falling into the pool, but have not seen any of those yet. :p

Hey Linda,

You're very welcome!

I have some pics I will post here from the Real World Suite party that Shareasale hosted. My co-worker and I are RealWorld geeks, so we just went crazy taking pics of the suite and the folks there.

I'll try to give good captions and if I see any other pics, I'll try to give caps on the peeps I know or recognize.

peace,
D

Awesome - thanks! Do you have any pics of the PartnerCentric party at the Wynn? Those are the ones I'm dying to see since the Wynn is a new customer of mine.

I asked a couple people from Shawns board to come over and post their pics, so hopefully we'll have pictures soon. Will email PartnerCentric right now and see if they have some to share.

Ok finally got a pic I can show. What a hoot.

Well for those of you that don't know it Beth Kirsch and Jeff Molander are known to disagree at times and occasionally it comes to "virtual" blows on Shawn's forum. So the for the "we have to make fun of SOMEBODY" Tshirt at this Summit was based on the Beth/Jeff feud. Shawn secretly emailed people in advance of the show and asked them to pick sides and wear a shirt to suppor their favorite team. This was all Connie Berg's idea and she even supplied the Shirts. Good one Connie! :D

Here's a pic of Beth proudly showing off her shirt.
TeamKirsch.jpg

Just wait til you see some of the others I have coming. I'm trying to get permission to publish a pic of a secret bathroom meeting...

Stay tuned to the 5 Star Channel! ;)

Well this isn't the bathroom pic I had in mind, but this one's even better.

Brian and Carolyn from Shareasale with Nick from Revenue Magazine enjoying those scrubby bubbles. Looks like they are all having WAY too much fun!!!

LAV_0184_cropped_01.jpg

I think this pic was taken at the www.Shareasale.comparty at the Real World suite.

This Priceless Pic is from the Revenue Blog:
http://www.revenuetoday.com/blogs/index.php?m=200601

Last edited by a moderator:
Pure Imagination Party Photos

As requested, here are a number of pics from the PartnerCentric/Digital River One Network party at the Wynn Las Vegas.

(most of)The PC team en route to the Party:

345%3A3%3C54%3A%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D3258%3E563%3E28%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D323345%3C%3B35657nu0mrj

Mmmmm...chocolate

345%3A3%3C54%3A%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D3258%3E563%3E28%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D323345%3C%3B35%3A%3A5nu0mrj

345%3A3%3C54%3A%7Ffp337%3Enu%3D3258%3E563%3E28%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D323345%3C%3B35658nu0mrj

Partnercentric President, Linda Woods and Paul Wallerich, Director, OneNetwork/Digital River

345%3A3%3C54%3A%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D3258%3E563%3E28%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D323345%3C%3B3565%3Cnu0mrj

Special Guests Rod and Kate Monster from Avenue Q at the Wynn Las Vegas

345%3A3%3C54%3A%7Ffp337%3Enu%3D3258%3E563%3E28%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D323345%3C%3B35%3A%3A%3Anu0mrj

More to follow!

More from the Wynn Las Vegas

Dancin' the night away to the sounds of RamFunkshus!
345%3A3%3C54%3A%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D3258%3E563%3E28%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D323345%3C%3B424%3B7nu0mrj

345%3A3%3C54%3A%7Ffp337%3Enu%3D3258%3E563%3E28%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D323345%3C%3B424%3B5nu0mrj

345%3A3%3C54%3A%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D3258%3E563%3E28%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D323345%3C%3B35%3A%3A%3Cnu0mrj

345%3A3%3C54%3A%7Ffp338%3Enu%3D3258%3E563%3E28%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D323345%3C%3B35666nu0mrj

The outside patio

345%3A3%3C54%3A%7Ffp338%3Enu%3D3258%3E563%3E28%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D323345%3C%3B35667nu0mrj

The Ladies of Partnercentric

345%3A3%3C54%3A%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D3258%3E563%3E28%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D323345%3C%3B35%3A%3A6nu0mrj

A fabulous time was had by all! Thanks to everyone who attended!!

Tara Watson
Affiliate Manager
Partnercentric
tara@partnercentric.com

Tara, thanks so much for the awesome pictures! I have been dying to see them. It was ALMOST as good as being there.

I have heard great reports from everyone about the event. Everyone loved the band, the treats and had a blast. Big thanks to PartnerCentric, Digital River's One Network and all the gratious people at Wynn Las Vegas for hosting this industry event. I'm sure it will go down in Summit history as one of the most memorable parties ever!

I know Loxly took a ton and was the official Summit photographer, but she is off shooting a wedding right now so won't have the pics uploaded until next week. Jeff Molander took some good ones too. I will try to get him to post. Ok so who else has pics? Lets see some more. :p

Ok here is the picture of the "down and dirty" secret meeting that happened in the hotel bathroom. How many affiliates can you fit in a bathroom anyway and why did they meet there? Connie Berg from Flamingo World and Tim Storm shared secrets with others on the bathroom floor. What did they talk about?
tubbin.png

And what happened after Carolyn Tang and Jeff Molander took a shower together??? HEY - what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!!! :D
post-212-1137183098_thumb.jpg

(Shoot, could only grab a thumbnail. In the full size image you can see the shower and Carolyn is in a towel!)

These great pics are compliments of Jeff Molander from http://www.molanderassoc.com.

Thanks for the laughs Jeff!

Hi Linda,

Thanks for the invite over here. Here are some of the pictures I took while at the Affiliate Summit.

First is James and Arlene Martell. James Martell has wrote Affiliate Marketers Handbook.

I really enjoyed the How To Earn A Living With Affiliate Programs, speaker James Marlett. It was very impressive to me, I started around the same time, and he went over so much from when he started to now. I remember the first affiliate system I signed up to, it was awful, hard to get links, everything was banner links. Nothing like they are today.

The next is a picture from right before the Roundtable Session started. I'm not sure who the first and last person (maybe Ian Lee - http://www.ads-links.com/blog) are, but I do recognize the faces. I will try to find out. Second person is Missy Ward from CPA Empire I do have an affiliate account there, signed up before I got sick, now that I'm better I definitely will be checking it out. Third person is Shawn Collins . Him and Missy run the Affiliate Summit I believe. Shawn also runs http://www.affiliatetip.com/ .

MI
Back