The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Affiliate Summit East 2008 - Official PRE-show Thread

Linda Buquet

affiliate
This is the official PRE-show thread. So if you want to ask questions about the show, tell us you're going and want to know who else is - THIS is the place to discuss.

Learn more about <strong><a href="http://www.affiliatesummit.com/08e_conference.php">Affiliate Summit East here</a></strong>.

Once the show starts I'll start a new thread that covers everything I can found out about happenings at the Summit. Pictures, videos, sessions, parties, you'll be able to find it all here at 5 Star.

Before anyone asks, no I won't be able to make the show again this year.
But I will be here covering all the action!

Save $500 on Affiliate Summit Tickets this Week

Shawn just announced that the early bird discount prices for Affiliate Summit East are increasing this Saturday. Affiliate Summit 2008 East is coming up August 10-12, 2008 in Boston.

Learn more about <strong><a href="http://www.affiliatesummit.com/08e_conference.php">Affiliate Summit East here</a></strong>. Join today before prices go up!
<blockquote><a href="http://blog.affiliatetip.com/archives/affiliate-summit-price-goes-up-june-7/">Affiliate Summit Price Goes Up June 7</a>
"The Early Bird registration rates of $949 (full conference) and
$99 (exhibit hall only) are going up after June 6.

Starting June 7, the rates to register for Affiliate Summit will be
$1,449 (full conference) and $199 (exhibit hall only)." </blockquote>

Affiliate Summit East

Hi Linda,

Thanks for starting this thread. I have a feeling it will be a great one.

This will be our first time attending the show and we will be exhibiting as a merchant. I'm really looking forward to it.

I would like to point out that Affiliate Summit is featuring a mentor program for first time attendees this year. You can find information about this on the Affiliate Summit blog.

Hope everyone is having a good day,

Sarah

I'll be there in full force! Looking forward to seeing you all again. I'm also signed up to be a mentor (they haven't paired anyone up yet) and moderating a panel if anyone wants to meet up or attend the session.

Be nice to see many of you again!

Wanted to bump up this thread since we're getting closer to the actual event - so who all is attending??

I'll be there exhibiting Share Results with my colleagues Le and Maranda. :)

Can't wait, and Boston seems like a much wiser choice than Miami for this time of year :p

Not sure why they chose Boston, but it moves around quite a bit. Two years ago it was held in Orlando, and before that in New York and Halifax (?).

I enjoyed Miami a lot, however I found the July humidity a little hard to handle, I'm from Canada after all ;)

I think Shawn normally has a vote before each show location is chosen. Or at least for awhile he did. Maybe after a couple years of votes and getting a firm consensus, they've now settled on Boston and Vegas for the near future. Not sure.

Affiliate summit East at boston Aug10-12 08'

The Affiliate Summit is the premier conference of the affiliate marketing community.
It’s well attended by affiliates, merchants, agencies, networks and vendors. Its purpose is to provide educational sessions on the latest industry issues and foster a productive networking environment for affiliate marketers.

Check it out yourself.....

It is going to be held in Boston at Aug 10-12 2008' at Boston Seaport Hotel. I am going.... how many of you would attend those????

I can say from personal experience at several Affiliate Summit shows that if you are an affiliate marketer you MUST attend this show at some point. It is a great way to get new ideas, find new programs to promote and the networking will pay dividends forever. If you are new it can be a little overwhelming, but well worth your cost and travel expenses to attend.

Great Show

I just wanted to chime in and say what a great opportunity the Boston Summit will be for anyone serious about networking and learning.
See you there..
Rick

Before anyone asks, no I won't be able to make the show again this year.
But I will be here covering all the action!

I'll be going to Affiliate Summit for the first time. I'm VERY excited. Although I am disappointed a certain someone (a Madame Buquet) will not be there. ;)

When will you be able to attend, Linda?

Thanks Maranda, you're so cute!

I'll miss meeting you too. I have some health issues that just make it too hard to travel,
so I'm not sure I'll be doing any more shows.

Plus even if I was scheduled to go to this one, I had a horrible family tragedy this week
and would not have been able to make it, would have had to cancel at last minute.
So in a way I'm glad I wasn't planning on being there. :eek:

But I'll be here blogging the show, so send me some fun pics or juicy news. :p

Hope things move more smoothly for you this week.

We will definitely give you the scoop, Linda. We'll cross paths one day. :D

Well, let me be the first to post from affiliate summit. Of course the summit hasn't started yet, but I arrived in Boston today for some affiliate R & R (I seem to do a lot of that) and although Boston is putting on a pretty good thunderstorm show right now, the day was mostly nice and I had a chance to have a little fun. First, the Seaport hotel is a very nice hotel with great service and decent rooms. The lobby is pretty small so I expect it to be bursting at the seams come Sunday evening. If you do have a chance to go downtown, which there is a free shuttle on the corner, don't miss Funaiell Mall. Lot's of great shops and restaurants and some good people watching. (Kind of like 3rd St. promenade in L.A. for those of you from Cali)

Another good thing to do for a feel of the city is to do the trolly tour with the harbor cruise included. $34 for both and you can get on and off the trolly anytime during the day. You can use your ticket stub for a harbor cruise and tour as well. Just in case you have time before or after the show.

If you are coming straight to the Seaport or a nearby hotel, call ahead and see if they are serviced by the water taxis (the seaport and marriot are for sure). There is a free shuttle at the airport to the water taxi dock and then $10 per person for a boat ride across the harbor to several hotels on the waterfront. Nice way to start your trip.

I always have a few good things that I attempt to find out at each affiliate summit and I can already see one question I will find the anwere to is if there is such a thing as too much lobster, crab and Samuel Adams lager??????

Gotta get some rest for more lobster tonight. Had a busy day already as you can probably tell. Look forward to seeing you all here.

Hey Scott, Thanks for the pre-show report. This is fun!
I feel like we have our own 5 Star Summit News correspondent in Boston. :p

Keep us updated! We look forward to your next report. :)
Enjoy the lobster!

Thanks to everyone that participated in this thread.

Since the show has begun or at least the festivities and pre-show events have begun, I'm closing this thread which was designed to discuss the show before it started.

MI
Back