The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Affiliate Manifesto - Interesting Take on our Industry

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Sometimes I think I'm a little altruistic about our industry. If I had the time or inclination I could write a long manifesto filled with philosophy about affiliate marketing at higher levels.
Thankfully I don't have to write it and you don't have to read it. :p

Sam Harrelson over at Cost Per News, a fairly new affiliate blog that some of you may not have discovered yet, just wrote a pretty good mini-manifesto that is well worth a read and you may even want to comment on. I echo many of his sentiments. Sam writes:
<blockquote><strong><a target="_new" href="http://www.costpernews.com/2006/11/30/affiliate-marketing-mini-manifesto/">Affiliate Marketing Mini-Manifesto</a></strong>

"Here?s my Affiliate Marketing Mini-Manifesto. Will it apply to you? Probably not.
I?m a dreamer. But I?m not the only one?

<strong>1. Affiliate Marketing is Not About Money</strong>
If you are doing affiliate marketing in hopes of making large sums of money, you are not going to succeed. Marketing, in the larger scope of the term, is moving past the ill-conceived notion of short term dollar and sense metrics. CPA, CPC and CPM should not be seen as valuations of successes, but directional arrows of sustainability. In affiliate marketing, we have to move past the notion that what we?re doing involves only direct action payouts. Consider the longtail and think ahead.

<strong>2. Affiliate Marketing is Not Mainstream</strong>
Those of us involved in the affiliate marketing galaxy often wonder why we are not treated with more respect by the rest of the online marketing universe. The easy answer? We don?t belong there. Affiliate marketing, in principle, seeks to democratize and engender the monetized web by allowing producers of quality content, products community situations with the means to continue their efforts. It?s not about gaining riches, it?s about moving past the hubs and nodes of networks.

<strong>3. Affiliate Marketing Transcends Links... more...

4. Affiliate Marketing Demands Relationships... more...

5. Affiliate Marketing is the Future of Marketing... more...</strong></blockquote>
Go read the rest at Cost Per News - <strong><a target="_new" href="http://www.costpernews.com/2006/11/30/affiliate-marketing-mini-manifesto/">Affiliate Marketing Mini-Manifesto</a></strong>

Any thoughts? How about this part? "Affiliate Marketing Transcends Links"
???

MI
Back