The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

[ADVICE] People Lie To You: "Getting FREE Traffic Is Easy"

Getting Free 'Converting' Traffic Is Easy For You?

• Yes

• No - I'm Frustrated

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shawn Mackay

affiliate
I've been an internet marketer since last 6 years now and the most important aspect I believe to setup a successful online business, is to get high converting traffic constantly & repeatedly.

But marketers, especially the so called 'gurus' lie to students. Don't get trapped when somebody says "You can get a lot of free traffic if you follow this..."

Believe me, getting free traffic isn't that easy as it looks..

People would tell you some crappy methods to attract a lot of visitors to your site but what actually happens is that, out of 100 visitors only 2-5 people convert. I would be lying if I say that I didn't got frustrated with all this when I started IM 6 years ago. My sites used to sit idle for days and months and I didn't used to get any subscriptions nor any sales. Okay I admit I was also short on budget those days and I couldn't afford paid traffic methods as well. But I was spending hours and hours figuring out how to actually convert those people visiting my site.

And do you know what actually happened... I had to wait for around six and a half month to finally receive clicks and signups. Yeah, this was all that 'free traffic' for which I wasted several hours of my life.

My Final Word...
No matter what type of technique you apply, forum traffic, reddit method, youtube marketing, or anything else you can imagine... if you aren't ready to invest money then be ready to spend a lot of time for it! And stay away from those who claim to get you "tonnes of viral traffic in minutes" that's shit!

You can also read a similar post of mine on tactics I personally use how to get repeated traffic: [Expert Guide] 3 Effective Ways To Get Repeat Traffic To Your Website | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

the most important aspect I believe to setup a successful online business, is to get high converting traffic.

Goes without saying. Traffic has always been paramount.

Believe me, getting free traffic isn't that easy as it looks

Free traffic, IMO, has always been exceedingly easy to get. The issues with free traffic make it a subordinate traffic source. Conversions from free traffic are on average dismal.

People would tell you some crappy methods to attract a lot of visitors to your site but what actually happens is that, out of 100 visitors only 2-5 people convert.

That's high for traditional free traffic sources.

My Final Word...
if you aren't ready to invest money then be ready to spend a lot of time for it! And stay away from those who claim to get you "tonnes of viral traffic in minutes" that's shit!

Yep, agreed. This is a business and it is paramount to play at the highest level. In my business, this means highly targeted and highly qualified paid traffic. It's reliable, it's predictable, and it's controllable.

I find the best use for free traffic to be branding. For branding, it's a "no brainer" as long as one doesn't spend a great deal of time on it.

@tjtutor Exactly! Branding is essential to build relationship with people. The more you spend time making people engaged to your brand, the more you get highlighted. Thanks for taking your time and elaborating things for fellow members. :)

@tjtutor Exactly! Branding is essential to build relationship with people. The more you spend time making people engaged to your brand, the more you get highlighted. Thanks for taking your time and elaborating things for fellow members. :)
Branding is so under-rated by online marketers of the affiliate kind. I guess it is because it is easier to just build landers oreven simply build profitable PPC campaigns with direct linking instead that building your own brand.

Personally my approach so fare has been to keep my eyes both on my long term project (where most of my time is spent and where I don't really spend that much money) and on my short term projects.
Needless to say, that so far, my long term projects aren't putting any money in my pocket, but it's also true that I haven't been investing time and effort in it for too long.

banners
Back