The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Advertising Directories through Adword - ??

maldives

affiliate
Hi,

I have not tried and have not read many success stories. Successful directory owners please share your experience about advertising directories through adwords.

Is it good?

You MUST know what you are doing, and have clear objectives. What are your end goals? signups? adsense arbitrage?
Pos the objectives here and I will try to advise, but to say 'advertising a directory' is indicating to me that you are about to part with a boat load of cash for no return ;)

Then it is a simple maths excersice.
1. set your rates. eg $10
2. discover your conversion rate
3. set your PPC value.

e.g. if you are converting 1:20 @ $10 , then if you are paying more than $0.50 per click it is going to cost you money.

Personally I would offer people an affiliate deal rather than try to attract via PPC.

What keywords are you going to target?

EXACTLY.

for adwords to work there has to be a measurable outcome.
The methodology I have shown above states the basic principles of adwords/marketing. effort to reward.

Great point Mauiman - rep added

I think you're better off choosing some of the sites with heavy foot traffic from Webmasters looking for directories and start buying some links and listings. And don't forget that your listing, your link or your ad needs to be seen an average of 7 times before someone will really start to notice it. Once you're visible out there you'll start to pick up some listings because people know you're growing your Web presence and they will want to be in front of all of the future visitors.

It's scary spending, spending, and then spending more before receiving any PayPal payments, but it does happen over time. (I hope!!! :D )

Cheers

It's scary spending, spending, and then spending more before receiving any PayPal payments, but it does happen over time. (I hope!!! :D )

Cheers

The problem is when you are on a tight budget how much can you spend before the you received the payment? Considering that the longer you stay the more you pay.

I spend about USD200 every month on advertising for my directories...probably slightly more. This month it has gone up to USD400 because I am spending for both my directory and bid directory.

- MENJ

Cool Menj,

The amount stated above is it just for adword or your general monthly budget. I spent close to 100USD this month to promote our hosting but the return on it is zere.

Lanre

For submissions to web directories and bid directories. Never tired with Adwords :)

- MENJ

I've come accross at least 2 or 3 directories on adwords advertising for free 1 way links from their directories. I don't see what they can make from this, they don't even have paid options... Must have money to burn...

I think you're better off choosing some of the sites with heavy foot traffic from Webmasters looking for directories and start buying some links and listings. And don't forget that your listing, your link or your ad needs to be seen an average of 7 times before someone will really start to notice it. Once you're visible out there you'll start to pick up some listings because people know you're growing your Web presence and they will want to be in front of all of the future visitors

Excellent points there! ;)

MI
Back