monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

adserver vs. tracker

Discussion in 'Tracking' started by alex.b, Feb 24, 2015.

1. alex.b

alex.b Affiliate affiliate

Ok obviously an adserver (adbutler, epom) is different to a tracker (cpvlab, voluum, thrive etc.) in that it can handle ads. However, what I'm trying to understand is if I were to use an adserver - would I still need a tracking tool?

Right now I'm looking at either upgrading my cpvlab license so I can use version 2.17 (which can handle mobile) or signing up for something like voluum. However, Epom would be free until 250k impressions (vs. voluum's 100k events) so I'm thinking of just using that, but not sure it's suitable for tracking CPV or mobile traffic from decisive for example. Would appreciate some advice!

2. monetizer
  3. alex.b

alex.b Affiliate affiliate

Nobody that ever wondered about this or could answer my question? :(

4. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Administrator moderator affiliate

I think it depends on the ad server you use. For example, Revive AdServer (Formerly OpenX Source), has a feature that gives you the power to design and implement trackers specific to you campaign(s). With this feature, a new tracker has to be defined for a specified advertiser available in your inventory.

I would look at tracker customization capacity provided by the ad server you're interested in. Then I would sign up for the free trial period with a tracking service like Voluum, AdsBridge, Bevo, etc., and do a split test with the trackers to compare results.

Featured Resources (View All)

MI