The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Adsense ban on less than 5 days old domains

temi

affiliate
Google will disqualify domain name that are five days old or less from generating revenue via Adsense very soon.

It has come to light that some companies uses "domain tasting" this is a practice where domain registrar takes advantage of the 5 days grace provided by domain name registry to delete registered domain name and get a refund of the domain registry fees.
Several companies are said to use (some will argue that its an abuse) this five day grace period by registering thousands of domain names, slap adsense on the domain for that five day period generate lots of money and then cancel the domain name.

Some companies has been know to generate millions of dollars using this method, one company was said to have made over three million dollars in one month.

What do you think of this ban, I would have thought as long as the click are not fraudulent clicks, you should be able to use this method?

I think it's a good thing! I hate the way that some quality domains are taken up by people looking to make a quick buck on Adsense. Usually these domains wouldn't be registered unless they had statistical proof that they made money. This is a fine thing that Adsense have done.

What I hate most about it is that this can only be done bar larger companies, I am sure if you or me register a domain from say GoDaddy and go back to them after 3 days that you do not like it you want your money back and the can have the domain back, I am sure you will not get a penny back.

I think first of all "5 days grace period" for domain is a joke. With prices so low - you buy it or leave it alone for other people.

Second Google should come up with some algorithm to prevent serving adsense on brand new sites and obvious MFA domains...

I think five days grace period make sense if you are a registrar, things should not be spoilt because some people abuse it.

banners
Back