The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

ads.pof + Plenty Of Fish Advertising Support.

I always start my campaigns of with a CPM of 0.30 but what do you guys advice Ben?

Hi ben. Well what i understood is that POF is one the best guys , if you look up for targeted traffic. But my question is are dating campaigns allowed ?

Since i just tried one , and it was rejected and stating dating campaigns are not allowed. I use one offer from peerfly. Can i have bit more clarity please?

It seems that there is no field for my country... Romania :|

Sign up with another country... you might have some credit card trouble though, email me at ben@pof.com if that happens.

Hi ben. Well what i understood is that POF is one the best guys , if you look up for targeted traffic. But my question is are dating campaigns allowed ?

Since i just tried one , and it was rejected and stating dating campaigns are not allowed. I use one offer from peerfly. Can i have bit more clarity please?

Email me your account info and I'll have to take a look as this is too generic to nail down here :) ben@Pof.com

Do you guys think $100 is enough to make some profit at POF?

I'm just about to get my payment from Maxbounty. I've a tight budget. So advice from an experienced marketer would be greatly appreciated.

Re:How much i need to start using pof?

Hi,Ben,jason here,i now want to learn how to use pof to promote dating offer,just do not know how much i need to start?

If you have $100, choose a VERY small niche market to go after so your money goes further.

In short, yes $100 is enough :) But what you lack in funds, you MUST make up in education. So read here: blog.ads.pof.com to minimize your initial mistakes that will cost you $.

Hi Ben,

I've already posted this query in full on another section of this forum, but since realizing that you were on here, I'm posting it here in the hope that you'll be able to take a quick look and let me have your comments please?

Basically, I'd just like someone to look over the process I'm using for POF campaigns and if there are any obvious errors, point them out to me.

Extract from original post

I've run a few campaigns, but whilst I've had some clicks, none have converted yet. I have made some tweaks which have resulted in more clicks, but still no conversions.

So, this is the process I'm now using for my campaigns;

1. Find a niche with some well-converting offers (the more the better, as if one doesn't convert, I can change the offer without having to change my creatives)
2. Select a couple of the well-converting offers
3. Research the guidelines for the CPA network and then choose images relevant to my campaign which adhere to those guidelines
4. Decide on the wording for the Title and Description of the creative : NOTE - for the initial testing, I'm leaving out variables such as education, drinking habits, ethnicity, etc., and only focusing on gender, age groups and country
5. I am testing with 10 images, each with 2 different texts, making a total of 20 creatives in all
6. My starting bid is 0.61 cents with a testing budget of $15 per day
7. For testing purposes , I set my creatives exposure to 'evenly' as opposed to 'asap'
8. Once each creative has received 2K - 3K impressions, I am stopping any that are not achieving a CTR of 0.1%, and only continuing with those that are
10. If there are still no conversions after 50 clicks per creative, I am stopping the campaign completely and starting again

Like I said, so far, nothing has converted using the above method, so I guess:

a) I'm doing something wrong
b) I'm not giving the testing enough time
c) My creatives are not appealing
d) My offers are not appealing
e) I'm not spending enough, therefore ....
f) Not enough people are seeing my ads

I do not have an unlimited budget, but I have enough to continue testing for the time being.

End

If you get time, I'd be really grateful to hear from you.

Thanks,

Sherrie

Great thread, thanks Ben and K. My question is a as a new aff about to enter POF advertising, we all know the marvels of POF targeting and how well it does in specific verticals.
1- My question is volume wise, i read that getting thousands of impressions sometimes can take days, weeks, etc. What is the potential $ wise. Can one expect to make a decent amount ($XXX-XXXX) a day on the POF platforrm?
2- Is Adult strickly prohibited, even if ads and lander aint really that raunchy?

Hi Ben,

I've already posted this query in full on another section of this forum, but since realizing that you were on here, I'm posting it here in the hope that you'll be able to take a quick look and let me have your comments please?

Basically, I'd just like someone to look over the process I'm using for POF campaigns and if there are any obvious errors, point them out to me.

Extract from original post

I've run a few campaigns, but whilst I've had some clicks, none have converted yet. I have made some tweaks which have resulted in more clicks, but still no conversions.

So, this is the process I'm now using for my campaigns;

1. Find a niche with some well-converting offers (the more the better, as if one doesn't convert, I can change the offer without having to change my creatives)
2. Select a couple of the well-converting offers
3. Research the guidelines for the CPA network and then choose images relevant to my campaign which adhere to those guidelines
4. Decide on the wording for the Title and Description of the creative : NOTE - for the initial testing, I'm leaving out variables such as education, drinking habits, ethnicity, etc., and only focusing on gender, age groups and country
5. I am testing with 10 images, each with 2 different texts, making a total of 20 creatives in all
6. My starting bid is 0.61 cents with a testing budget of $15 per day
7. For testing purposes , I set my creatives exposure to 'evenly' as opposed to 'asap'
8. Once each creative has received 2K - 3K impressions, I am stopping any that are not achieving a CTR of 0.1%, and only continuing with those that are
10. If there are still no conversions after 50 clicks per creative, I am stopping the campaign completely and starting again

Like I said, so far, nothing has converted using the above method, so I guess:

a) I'm doing something wrong
b) I'm not giving the testing enough time
c) My creatives are not appealing
d) My offers are not appealing
e) I'm not spending enough, therefore ....
f) Not enough people are seeing my ads

I do not have an unlimited budget, but I have enough to continue testing for the time being.

End

If you get time, I'd be really grateful to hear from you.

Thanks,

Sherrie

Hey Sherrie,

OK I'm going to comment using the same format as you for clarity's sake :)

1) Finding a niche is great. Finding multiple offers to throw at it to see if 1 of them makes money is the wrong way to go about it. You're much better off testing out a few offers fully than lots of offers superficially.

2) 2 offers is fine but don't go hunting for like 10.

3) Good idea, as long as you're testing more than 1 and do this systematically to weed out bad ads.

4) Country/Age/Gender might be a little too broad. You said in 1) that you're going to find a niche so you usually have to go deeper. In regards to your ad text, the tighter the targeting, the more effective the ad text. Ex. if you look to hit senior women only, you can cater your ad text to senior women.

5) Good, but don't test all 20 at the same time. Do 5 at a time and rotate them in if there's no winner in the group of 5.

6) CPM's too high if you're doing country/age/gender. Test at $0.32 CPM and scale up if you see signs of success.

7) This is fine

8) 2-3k impressions might be a little early to be making decisions.

9) What happened to 9!!!! ;)

10) Keep at it, eventually you'll find something! Or you could go the path of least resistance and run a dating campaign.

Hope this helps!

Great thread, thanks Ben and K. My question is a as a new aff about to enter POF advertising, we all know the marvels of POF targeting and how well it does in specific verticals.
1- My question is volume wise, i read that getting thousands of impressions sometimes can take days, weeks, etc. What is the potential $ wise. Can one expect to make a decent amount ($XXX-XXXX) a day on the POF platforrm?
2- Is Adult strickly prohibited, even if ads and lander aint really that raunchy?

1. My top guys spend over $xxxx/day on traffic, some $xx,xxx/day. Most people who do this for a living are in the $xxx/day.
2. Absolutely no adult stuff. Doesn't matter if the ad or lander is clean, the product is still adult.

Hey Sherrie,

OK I'm going to comment using the same format as you for clarity's sake :)

1) Finding a niche is great. Finding multiple offers to throw at it to see if 1 of them makes money is the wrong way to go about it. You're much better off testing out a few offers fully than lots of offers superficially.

2) 2 offers is fine but don't go hunting for like 10.

3) Good idea, as long as you're testing more than 1 and do this systematically to weed out bad ads.

4) Country/Age/Gender might be a little too broad. You said in 1) that you're going to find a niche so you usually have to go deeper. In regards to your ad text, the tighter the targeting, the more effective the ad text. Ex. if you look to hit senior women only, you can cater your ad text to senior women.

5) Good, but don't test all 20 at the same time. Do 5 at a time and rotate them in if there's no winner in the group of 5.

6) CPM's too high if you're doing country/age/gender. Test at $0.32 CPM and scale up if you see signs of success.

7) This is fine

8) 2-3k impressions might be a little early to be making decisions.

9) What happened to 9!!!! ;)

10) Keep at it, eventually you'll find something! Or you could go the path of least resistance and run a dating campaign.

Hope this helps!

Hi Ben,

This is great !! Thank you so much :)

Have been thinking that perhaps I'd have more success with my campaigns if I learned how to count to 10 ;)

Will get on the case straight away!

Thanks again for your help - it's much appreciated.

Cheers,

Sherrie

banners
Back