The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

AdMob Recommended CPC?

calpub

Hi everyone. I started an AdMob campaign on Friday. My banners were approved and my campaign (and banners) are enabled. However, I have yet to see a single impression. I'm starting to wonder if maybe I am bidding too low? I started at 2 cents, raised it to 3 cents, and then raised it to 5 cents. I'm targeting the US.

Any ideas? Am I just bidding way too low? I don't see a way to contact AdMob support to ask them so I thought I would ask here.

Thank you in advance!

I get access to admob inventory through adwords (since google bought it long ago), and OMFG 5 cents? I go like .15-.25 AT LEAST, when it comes to USA there. BTW the fact you bid so high, doesn't mean you will pay as much *hint* *hint*, just do your best to have a killer CTR.

Honestly Adwords is where the big boys play. You need to mind your budget if you gonna play there... specially USA

Okay, thank you. I will try raising my bid. I had just read a case study that said they bid 4 cents and used up their daily budget so I didn't want to overbid. I think that case study was from a couple of years ago though.

Thanks! :)

Hi,

I would suggest you to start the bid from about $0.10-$0.15 cents and slowly build it up, until you see some traffic coming in. After that you can simply play with it, depending on how much traffic do you need.

Cheers,
Zoltan

Honestly I recommend kind of the opposite. Bid (very)HIGH at first, but keep a (very)LOW daily budget. Cause:

1. You will start receiving those impressions and clicks way faster (this is a fast paced industry, you better be quick on your feet)

2. You will have a pretty good idea of the price of clicks for your targeting (like I said you won't necesarily pay as much, SPECIALLY if you have a killer CTR).

3. You will find in less time which ads get higher CTR = cheaper clicks, and some conversions.

4. The fact you keep a low daily budget (Adwords allows this unlike other networks) will save you from over spending.

5. Once you gather some data you start LOWERING your bids, and INCREASING your daily budget (higher budget also increases the ammount of clicks, even at the same bid level).

6. Keep a hawk's eye on your campaigns to optimize and split testing.

7. PROFIT.

But like I said, you better mind your budget and come with some money to the table, besides knowledge and a kickass offer. Or you may be in for a world of pain. Adwords is a harsh mistress, trust me on that lol.

Cheers and good luck!

TW6D3i3.jpg

MI
Back