The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

According to sites like Similar Web, Email Marketing doesn't work for some products?

Kay Huang

affiliate
I learned that you can get information about where the traffic come from for a particular site by using Similar Web, SEMrush, Alexa, etc.

I put the url of the sales page of the clickbank product that I want to promote into the search bar of Similar Web, and the No.1 source of traffic was direct link. A little bit less then that was referral. Then a little bit of traffic come from social media. And the traffic that come from emails are very little, less then 2%.

I've tried a few other sites, and non of them had much traffic that come from emails.

I often heard the saying "The Money is in the List." But according to the stats from Similar Web, email marketing doesn't actually create much traffic.

Does Email Marketing really work?

People on a list who buy once, are more likely to buy again. Hence, the money is in the list. As long as they are subscribed, you have the opportunity to build a relationship of trust and recommend products/offers to them.

Two percent doesn't sound like much but 2% of what? A million?

An email list really does work; many say its like an ATM machine. Which is true, if you norture and engage your list and keep the opening rates high so they want to hear from you.

My list has really high open rates, but that is because I talk about issues that is important to everyone on it; and help them get over problems and offer solutions. When I rarely make recommendations for a course or product, people trust me already knowing I am not selling a BS get rich quick CPA offer; rather a sound product that is only going to bring them good.

A friend of mine owns a huge list with over 2 million opt ins; he makes a fortune every time he sends an email. His list loves everything he sends, I am no where close to his level - but he is the best example that yes, a list is BIG money.

An email list really does work; many say its like an ATM machine. Which is true, if you norture and engage your list and keep the opening rates high so they want to hear from you.
Then why is the stats from Similar Web shows that the emails send very few traffic to the sales page?

similar web will never be able to accurately measure email, as similar web collects data using toolbars and other adware apps that people install through freemium, shareware, and other funny emoticon add ons and browser add ons, etc.

i wouldn't be that caught up on similar web not showing huge email traffic...

Also keep in mind similar web shows traffic stats, not money earned from the traffic.
You could send 100,000 visits from Facebook, 500,000 visits from PPV traffic and just 5,000 visits from email and email could generate a lot more sales at the end of the day.

banners
Back