propellerads adcombo
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ask Me Anything about lead generation!

Discussion in 'Lead Generation' started by K, Sep 10, 2014.

1. K

K Administrator Administrator affiliate

Although I'm not able to answer EVERYTHING I will try my best to answer any general questions you may have in this thread - Myself and @Andy Haskins have pushed are fair share of successful lead ten campaigns and have built over 300 lead gen pages. We also are very involved in the industry and will ask some of my good friends to help out if I get stuck.

2. azgold

azgold Moderator moderator affiliate

1. I've seen you mention "lead ten" in at least one other thread. I assume that's a company you generate leads for? I googled it but didn't find anything of that nature.

2. Can anyone generate leads, or are the companies super picky about who they work with? Is there an application process like there is with CPA networks? If so, what is the criteria?

3. What is the easiest way for someone new to lead gen to get their feet wet in the industry?

4. Can you explain a bit of the process involved in generating leads? i.e. Is there cold calling involved? Is it offline and online? Do you simply target and capture leads on a squeeze page then await approval on the quality of the leads?

Sorry, not sure really what I should be asking but these are the things that spring to mind.

3. K

newbiaffiliate, azgold and lumpenfolk like this.
  4. azgold

azgold Moderator moderator affiliate

1. Haha, that's funny! :) You could have told me it was real and I'd have never known.

2. "Generally lead affiliates will host their own pages and integrate the form with the fields on."

So, how does this work - technically? If the page and form are self-hosted, how does the lead info get from the affiliate's page to the network? I'm extremely tired, maybe it's dead simple and I'm just missing it.

"What will often happen is an affiliate will work to say 100 leads to check quality"

This is a 'cap'?

3. So that's what 'host and post' is! I've seen that in network listings, never really knew what it was.

Re the landers, your company makes awesome creatives! I recognize some on your site from seeing them used for network offers.

4. Would you recommend newbies start by using a lead distributor, learn the ropes before going direct?

Love the LeadWrench concept!

"BOOM = payout"

Perfect! :D

Yes K, that did help. Thank-you.

5. K

So, how does this work - technically? If the page and form are self-hosted, how does the lead info get from the affiliate's page to the network? I'm extremely tired, maybe it's dead simple and I'm just missing it.

In many different ways, some old school some new. For example the simplest ways is a good old email. In the backend you can code a simple email to be sent to a recipient when a form is submitted. You can also use a database to store the form and then export manually. Or you can use lead distribution software like @mike_leadwrench's lead wrench. <- is by far the best solution and me and Mike may do a webinar for you guys if enough are interested.

This is a 'cap'?

Correct, however there's many different uses of cap but yes. Cap simply means "Room for leads".

4. Would you recommend newbies start by using a lead distributor, learn the ropes before going direct?

The issue with host n post lead generation is the cost. To get started on a proper setup you'd need,

• A decent lead landing page and integration ($800)
    • LeadWrench or lead distribution software ($497/mo)
    • A solid host ($200+/mo)
    • Ad spend
    Having said that I would definitely suggest its a GREAT way to go if you're serious because like I keep saying. It's safe on FB pretty much and it's not going anywhere - people ALWAYS need leads.

azgold likes this.
  6. demigr

demigr Affiliate affiliate

Can you explain the concept of Host & Post a bit more please? Let me see if I understood that correctly. There are lead gen companies who allow you to host your own site with a landpage and form that requests certain information that they want from the lead. Once the visitor fills out the contact form on your site with your landing page, then your lead management software automatically posts that to their system?

So they are essentially the middle man between your lead and the advertiser? What type of margin do they make on the leads? If advertisers are buying a lead for $20, how much can you sell it to the host & post lead gen company? Obviously this will vary with each company and negotiations, but is it 75% on average, 50%?

Did I understand this correctly? If so, how do you go about finding lead gen companies that allow this?

Thanks for all the insight K, and great questions azgold!

7. K

8. sanjaya

sanjaya Affiliate affiliate

Hi K,

Do you have experience generating leads for education offers?
    If yes, then is it good to drive traffic with facebook advertising?

As you may know, I started follow along thread in Dojo promoting EDU offer.
    Can you give me some tips/approach/recommendation how to find targeted audiences? (in FB ads of course)

I've been struggling a lot recently to find the right audience ...it's kinda hard to find people who needs education degree (for example)

Thanks in advance :)

9. mike_leadwrench

mike_leadwrench Service Manager Service Manager affiliate

@sanjaya You should try targetting those who are out of a job. I don't promote EDU offers specifically, but I have found that our Jobs data performs well with EDU offers in mail.

fleive and sanjaya like this.
  10. sanjaya

sanjaya Affiliate affiliate

I can't find the way to targeting those who are out of a job in Facebook advertising.

11. mike_leadwrench

mike_leadwrench Service Manager Service Manager affiliate

I wish I could help you more on Facebook targeting, but thats not my area of expertise.

sanjaya likes this.
  12. lrs1995

lrs1995 Moderator moderator affiliate

While promoting EDU offers, just be creative.
    You can try targeting by their workplace like employees of Walmart, McDonalds, Subway, etc
    These people are looking to replace their 9-5 grinding jobs.
    For eg, EDU offers like the Scholarship for Moms - try building an angle around moms working at Walmart. Make ad very specific this will attract more clicks, higher CTR, and lower CPCs

sanjaya likes this.
  13. dirtylaundry

dirtylaundry Affiliate affiliate

This is good stuff. A fast search on bing show you a lot of example pages.

For these leads is email follow up best? What about outbound calls or SMS? Is retargeting effective?

14. K

I would always place a pixel and at least test retargeting, I know some people who do it with HUGE success.

15. hbo99

hbo99 Affiliate affiliate

Is lead gen compliant on FB?

16. tyforest

tyforest Affiliate affiliate

Whats the best vertices to push?

17. K

Yes lots of verticals are very safe to advertise on FB.

Right now things like insurance, business funding, DUI, divorce etc

18. church

church Affiliate affiliate

Have you ever setup a local lead gen business?

19. TrafficBroker

TrafficBroker Traffic Manager Traffic Manager affiliate

is linkedin a good place to get leads like mining emails?

20. K

No although its possible you just need to find the right buyers and right margins for everyone.

I don't personally use it, however it IS a good place to find lead buyers, there's some great groups for lead exchanges.

TrafficBroker likes this.

Featured Resources (View All)

adsxposed