The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Ask Me Anything About Google Adwords

Mike_M

affiliate
Hello guys, I've been asked to create a thread about Google Adwords. I have 10 years' experience with Adwords (13 if you count my previous agency experience) and I have spent over $1 million of my own money on the platform with an average 100% ROI.

Ask away and I will do my best to answer any questions.

Mike

Hi Mike--

Glad to have you and your experience here. I'm a newbie, so how about giving a short into to Adwords (I'm just wading into Adsense), what they do, how to sign up, why we should, and what they can do for us?

Simple basic questions, I know.

Larry

Mike, can you tell us about the bidding strategy and what type of targeting one should use for the GDN? I know it is a broad question but any generic answers will help as well.

Larry,
Hi Mike--

Glad to have you and your experience here. I'm a newbie, so how about giving a short into to Adwords (I'm just wading into Adsense), what they do, how to sign up, why we should, and what they can do for us?

Simple basic questions, I know.

Larry

Hi Larry,

Adwords is Google's paid search platform. So when a user searches Google for a product or service they will see some ads alongside the natural search results. Adwords allows the advertiser (or affiliate in our case) to create an ad which will only be shown for the keywords they choose. Hence the conversions are fantastic, although Adwords can be very expensive if you don't know what you're doing.

I've made roughly $1m with Adwords since 2005.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Mike, can you tell us about the bidding strategy and what type of targeting one should use for the GDN? I know it is a broad question but any generic answers will help as well.

I tend to avoid the Google Display Network as it doesn't provide the same quality of conversions as the Search Network. However, if you are doing it then I would strongly advise you to use a remarketing campaign as we have seen excellent results from this.

Is there anyway to get banned or blocked accounts?

...rescinded? Very very difficult, and depends what you've done.

I got banned from Adsense years ago, and ended up sending a gift in the post to the Adwords UK CEO - it did not work!

I ended up having to create a new account - new credit card, new address, in a family member's name.

My advice is to tread VERY carefully. But I've heard there are companies in the US that can get you unbanned.

Hello guys, I've been asked to create a thread about Google Adwords. I have 10 years' experience with Adwords (13 if you count my previous agency experience) and I have spent over $1 million of my own money on the platform with an average 100% ROI.

Mike

How friendly are with affiliates ?
How to promote CPA offers and affiliate marketing program (ClickBank, JVZOO and so on)?

Hi Mike,

I was wondering, what's we can Do and can't Do in Google Adwords?

Thanks in advanced.

Best regards,
Wilson.

Mike
Hi Mike.

This is saran from India. I am doing paypaycall for past 6 months in the beginning i got good profit, but now a days i am getting loss with campaigns. i am doing search traffic with call extension campaign running through ringpartner, exactmatchmedia etc. do you know any other payper call network that converting well and i have to know that how do i get more profit and targeting method on it? could you explain me detailed??????????

Mike

My questions:
What are top 3 do's and dont's for Adwords?

In other words: what not to do in order not to be banned, and where to focus first to optimize campaign.

Thanks

If you are going to test to ads against each other, what is the thing that is most important for you to test?
Is it the keyword targeting? The title sentence? The call to action words?

hi Mike,
how do you deal with competing url war,
if you have a 10/10 QS a 13% CTR an insane maxbid and still can't get the "not showing because of competing url" go away ?
anyhow, it's a pretty technical question. hit me on PM i would really appreciate your opinion.

hi Mike,
how do you deal with competing url war,
if you have a 10/10 QS a 13% CTR an insane maxbid and still can't get the "not showing because of competing url" go away ?
anyhow, it's a pretty technical question. hit me on PM i would really appreciate your opinion.

Why have Mike PM you. This thread is where he should answer! We share here and there are loads of members that soak up Mikes always great content.

MI
Back