The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

About domain name...

ilov01

affiliate
Hi,

I have a small budget so I am going to buy just one domain name and use it for all my campaings.

For example: my domain.com/dating ,
my domain.com/insurance

What do you think what kind of domain name should I buy? :confused:

Something related to "my name" ," my nickname", "freebiesource", "company name" ? Any ideas?

In this case I would advise you to the company name as first level domain.

But: Once you will have more money you should use your main keyword as the domain name.
Google´s bots read that out, and if your main keyword is in the title tag, in the description and in the domain,
your site is more relevant for Google in this topic, and therefore your site will definitely rank higher !
I hope this explanation helps a little.

^Thats a nice example of a EMD, which google say are falling in the ranks....i think to me domains are NOW more about brand.

^Thats a nice example of a EMD, which google say are falling in the ranks....i think to me domains are NOW more about brand.
Yeah, there is actually this discussion about g´s EMD algorithm, but my experience is, much more important than an EMD is a high quality content, of course.
Maybe g dumps down EMDs, but these sites have above that also low quality content, spammy links and all this unnatural stuff.
Howsoever, high quality content is the most important, and then, as a consequence, an exact match domain wiil be a good support for the site.

Thanks all for advices
My traffic source is Facebook (paid ads) and I am going to send visitors to external url (direct to my landing page, not fb fan pages) and I just don t wanna look spammy with my domain name. Unfortunately a lot of people don t trust us affiliates so I am looking for some domain name which doesn t scream: AFFILIATE! :)

MI
Back