The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

A Complete Idiots Attempt at Media Buys

@MrSmith your data analysis should also tell you about your audience - where most of them are from, what time of day they do the most click throughs, what devices the majority of them use, etc. All information to help you tweak your campaigns, not only for this run but it can give you a starting point if you move that or a similar campaign to a different platform in future.

Yep collecting all that info for analysis.

For info on how to use the NEW tracking pixel on FB I recommend jon loomer's blog, probably the best blog on everything FB.

Anyway, if you don't know how retargeting works, google it and you'll see it's quite simple and very efficient. Imagine, top brands are spending huge budgets doing retargeting on FB with great results.

Thanks I'll take a look at that blog.

Update

I will post the impressions/clicks later. No conversions yet but the clicks are starting to come through.
Learnt lots so far by just playing around with what is available. I think a lot comes down to conversions as obviously no conversions then no profits. Eagerly awaiting that first sale and if nothing converts in the next few days I will move to a different offer.

For the last 2 days of stats :

Site 1: Total of 2 clicks.
Site 2: Total of 4 clicks.
Site 3: Total of 3 clicks.
Site 4: Total of 0 clicks.

I added Site 4 only yesterday so not surprised with 0 clicks on it. 30 days for $0.99

Total spent so far : $7.68
Total Clicks overall : 15 clicks.

I haven't had much time to devote to this endeavour in the last 48 hours as I have been busy with my other online side income. It has done turnover of $995K in the last 7 days and required a bit more time monitoring it.

I will take a look for some more sites tonight to add to my stable of sites/ads.

$995K in the last 7 days

Umm. Do you sell mansions online? :D

Not sure what's left to say about your ads/clicks. You've got everything in place by the sounds of it, you're checking your data, you're patient.

At 1 cent or .99 cent, you can afford to let it be while you deal with your other line(s).

Hope it brings you some good results. :)

Last edited:
Todays results from the sites:

Site 1: Total of 1 clicks.
Site 2: Total of 3 clicks.
Site 3: Total of 1 clicks.
Site 4: Total of 3 clicks.
Site 5: Total of 1 licks.

Added a new site for $0.30. Expected impressions are around 230-300 per day. Expected clicks per day 1.

Total spent so far : $7.98
Total Clicks overall : 24 clicks.

I am going to give the offer a while yet and if no conversions then I will move to a different offer.

Yep as I said mostly tier 3 traffic. Its getting a few clicks so for 1 penny I am not complaining.

Great Job on taking action and getting some good data for your future offers!. Im curious and maybe I didn't catch it earlier, But how would one find cheap media like 1 cent a day??? , Im a newbie too and looking for out traffic options.

Thanks

Great Job on taking action and getting some good data for your future offers!. Im curious and maybe I didn't catch it earlier, But how would one find cheap media like 1 cent a day??? , Im a newbie too and looking for out traffic options.

Thanks

I use a variety of techniques. Here are the two I am using.

1. I use ad networks which supply media buys. They tend to have poor search functionality and I have play with the searches to try and find cheap buys. Sometimes it needs more than a basic understanding of how the search works and requires manipulating the search parameters with options not available. This gives me an edge over others so I won't share where or how I do that.

2. Contact sites directly for your keywords. Check their demographics and offer them a cheap deal for 30 days with the condition that after those 30 days if there are good conversions then you will up the price to a mutually agreed level. I have provided them with a formula which I use and will provide them with the data at the end of the 30 days with a new price point for agreement. You need to send about 10-15 emails to get a reply. I send about 30-40 a day for the sites. I have my own scrapper which finds me the contact details for each site quickly along with some basic demographics, links, expected traffic, etc.

Think outside the box a bit as if you want cheap buys then you need to be looking where others are not looking.

10th December

Site 1: Total of 0 clicks.
Site 2: Total of 0 clicks.
Site 3: Total of 1 clicks.
Site 4: Total of 0 clicks.
Site 5: Total of 0 licks.

Not much at all to report today with 1 click. :( hopeless.

Total spent so far : $7.98
Total Clicks overall : 25 clicks.

Okay, you knew going in that this was going to be a challenge with cheap tier 3 traffic, right? This is a dress rehearsal for the real thing. :)

You can't control or alter some things but what can you take a second look at? Is your ad in the correct language and dialect? Is it as awesome as you can make it? Is the offer that it leads to a good one for this audience?

Capish?

Take a second look at whatever elements you can modify and see if they need changing. Also, I know you were going to use a rotator, are you split-testing various elements too - button colour, background, CTA?

You can't control or alter some things but what can you take a second look at? Is your ad in the correct language and dialect? Is it as awesome as you can make it? Is the offer that it leads to a good one for this audience?

Capish?

See someone from Israel :p

MI
Back