Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

7search.com very good

cricket chiu

affiliate
7search.com very good
2013-11-30_184007.png

what is your niche?

Yes, I'd like to know that, too although he may not want to say. I'd also be interested to know what country but he may not tell. I don't blame him, I'm just jealous. My campaign on 7Search is doing nowhere near that well....yet. Then again, I only put it on there last night. :)

By the way, cricket - how long did you run that campaign to get those results?

I have days when I love 7Search and I have days when I hate it. It is likely that I really hate my failures a 7Search and love my successes there. I do better with media buys these days. Although, 7Search has display ads and I haven't put any time into them yet. Hmmmmmmmm... maybe that will be a little side project for next week. Have any of you tried the display ads at 7Search yet?

I have days when I love 7Search and I have days when I hate it. It is likely that I really hate my failures a 7Search and love my successes there. I do better with media buys these days. Although, 7Search has display ads and I haven't put any time into them yet. Hmmmmmmmm... maybe that will be a little side project for next week. Have any of you tried the display ads at 7Search yet?

I bought display advertising with them about a month/month and a half ago. Finally got a link accepted yesterday (direct linking banner). This is my first go-round with PPC, hopefully I won't muck things up too badly (read costly).

I bought display advertising with them about a month/month and a half ago. Finally got a link accepted yesterday (direct linking banner). This is my first go-round with PPC, hopefully I won't muck things up too badly (read costly).

I recommend yu have them enable day parting and especially partner blocking. Looking forward to your results.

Thanks!

Now, I'm off to find out what day parting is. :)

With day parting in 7Search you will be limiting the ads to specific times of day. What you want to do is run a campaign for a week 24/7. Then look at the data and determine two things. What times of day performed best and which partners (websites) are sending traffic that converts. You want to be able to block out the non-performing times and the non-performing partners (some partners may be sending bot clicks and junk traffic). Then you can scale up the campaigns that work with the performing times each day and the performing partners that are sending traffic that converts.

Remember that a partner (website owner) may have many sites. Therefore when blocking a partner, you want to be sure you only block the traffic from the partner that is non-performing or sending junk traffic.

Last edited:
Where do we block out the non-performing times and partners? From within 7search or the tracking software?

Hello Ben,

Campaign Scheduling is an optional feature in your account that needs to be activated by support. I went ahead and enabled the feature in your account so that you can get started using it right away. To access the ad scheduling tool, click the "Edit" link for any existing campaign. It will be visible towards the bottom of the page.

In regards to blocking non-performing sources, you will need to add the RID insert (###AFFID###-###RID###) to your tracking URLs to begin compiling data with your analytics software. To block a source ID, click on the Tools tab and then visit the SubID Bids and Overrides section. Users can block sources at the entire account or campaign level.

Best,

Cleo
7SearchGuys

With day parting in 7Search you will be limiting the ads to specific times of day. What you want to do is run a campaign for a week 24/7. Then look at the data and determine two things. What times of day performed best and which partners (websites) are sending traffic that converts. You want to be able to block out the non-performing times and the non-performing partners (some partners may be sending bot clicks and junk traffic). Then you can scale up the campaigns that work with the performing times each day and the performing partners that are sending traffic that converts.

Remember that a partner (website owner) may have many sites. Therefore when blocking a partner, you want to be sure you only block the traffic from the partner that is non-performing or sending junk traffic.

Thanks, TJ!

From your description, I am now thinking of day parting as a split shift. :) Only with detailed conditions.

I am very unhappy with 7Search right now! I've been awaiting reply emails (I contacted two different people this aft) to see if they can straighten things out. I don't want to get into the details just yet, I'm sure they'll fix it but this will be a very good test of their customer service for me. I will come back to report all once I know better what's going on.

Update: The outcome is happy! I've already heard back from Cleo (giving you a standing ovation, Cleo!) and he has 'fixed' it. One of my direct link ads got rejected. Along with the creative, the money for that campaign disappeared. Cleo found it and returned it to my account immediately - yay! So, I'm feeling good about the customer service!

Last edited:
I am very unhappy with 7Search right now! I've been awaiting reply emails (I contacted two different people this aft) to see if they can straighten things out. I don't want to get into the details just yet, I'm sure they'll fix it but this will be a very good test of their customer service for me. I will come back to report all once I know better what's going on.

Update: The outcome is happy! I've already heard back from Cleo (giving you a standing ovation, Cleo!) and he has 'fixed' it. One of my direct link ads got rejected. Along with the creative, the money for that campaign disappeared. Cleo found it and returned it to my account immediately - yay! So, I'm feeling good about the customer service!

Glad its solved - in future always deal with Cleo he is great - or you can ask here and i'll get a response: http://www.affiliatefix.com/f55/7search-5090/

MI
Back