The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

7Search Adventures!

fran6m

affiliate
Hi everybody!

I've been reading about Internet Marketing for about 3-4 months now. To get my feet wet I wanted to keep things simple, the fewer moving parts the better (for now). So I decided on direct linking email submits on 7Search.

Two weeks ago I applied to a bunch of networks and got accepted with AdWork Media, MaxBounty and PeerFly. Next I created an account with 7Search then funded it with 100$ (got a nice 50$ bonus) and started promoting offers. I had my first conversion five days later. What a rush!

I created 7 campaigns, 5 are still active. One has a positive ROI (47%), another is slowly becoming profitable as I cull bad keywords. The others are either not converting or not receiving much clicks. From the very beginning, I've spent around 78$ on 1300 clicks and made 32.90$ with 30 conversions.

These little experiments taught me a lot. But email submits are a bit boring, so is direct linking. And with my current volumes things move very, very slow.

I'm reading about landing pages, my next move.

So... anybody followed a similar path? I'd love to hear about your stories.

Nice work man!
The good thing about what you did is you took action and get a positive ROI.
The problem with 7search is volume so get more campaigns up and running and continue to drive money to those winning campaigns.

Check their day-parting feature to save more cash.

More Success mate!

I love this thread!

This is the EXACT reason I say 7Search all day long - NO it's not the best networks, NO it's not going to make you lots of money BUT it's so forgiving compared to the others - you won't lose thousands in hours and you can learn all the basics.

Congrats on the two campaigns - i'd maybe cut the rest and now try get these two as profitable as you can before split testing opt in and landing pages and then maybe moving onto a bigger networks.

Love this - well done!

I don't know if 7Search is forgiving or not. Going broke in a few days vs. a few months, the end result is the same :)

It's true that 7Search is teaching me some of the basics but I wouldn't mind "loosing" 1000$ if I learned enough from the experience. Fail fast... I'm sure you've all seen this many times. Is fast possible with 7Search? My winning keywords get me less than 20 clicks a day so any change I make takes a while to register.

When I create a new campaign I add keywords until I reach my account limit of 1000. From my (limited) experience about 2% or less will give me clicks.

This is what I do next,
for each keyword:
-----------------------------------------
low impressions + high rank + no clicks = pause keyword
low impressions + low rank + no/low clicks = increase bid
high impressions + no/low clicks = custom ad for that keyword

click cost reaches payout amount + no conversions = pause keyword
(I guess I could block RIDs to continue testing but I'm reluctant to put too much effort into non converting keywords)

keyword converts but ROI falls below target = pause keyword
(This is going to change, I've asked 7SearchGuys to allow RID blocking on my account.)
-----------------------------------------

So how do you manage your campaigns besides optimization?
Do you keep adding new keywords to test?
If yes, at which point do you decide that you've done enough?

maybe you should attention "exact","phrase","broad" this three form, exact keyword will filter a lot of irrelevant keywords

Hi xinliao

Although my extended match is always set to broad, most of the time the searched phrase match my keywords exactly. Might be cause I rarely include one word keywords in my campaigns.

I've attached a clicks chart from my 7Search reports that I find interesting. On the 20th I paused most keywords, you can see the drop on the 21. I keep getting fewer and fewer clicks. My mean average rank is 1.1 and my bids are the same for the whole period. Any idea why? Am I sharing clicks with competitors or did the keywords just dry up?

clicks.jpg

Talk about a sinister coincidence... I decided to learn Python (the programming language) and on the exact same day two kids where killed by a python in a town not far from here...

Talk about a sinister coincidence... I decided to learn Python (the programming language) and on the exact same day two kids where killed by a python in a town not far from here...

My girlfriend told me about that, sounded horrific :(

Hows the campaign going?

Yes this is an interesting thread – Fran6m and K.

I actually came in here this morning, to start the thread titled;
How to build a Sexy, Effective and Converting landing page?

The first thing I noticed was that you already done it Fran6m, however I might start my own anyway.

You started off well with your slow and easy testing and researching. And my little advise, and experience, is that the speed we lose our money - doesn’t always correlate with our speed of learning. (I started with many campaigns in Google back in 2007, after a a couple of thousands I was totally scared of and hated PPC for a few years.)

Sometimes it just takes time (maybe I should correct it, learning always take time - be patient) to just stumble on the right idea, getting the right hints - and finding the right forum or individual that can teach us.

I have been building websites for over 10 years, and every time I visit one of my websites I see some straight fault’s and mistakes - or at least some item that need improvement.

I have been running quite a few dating campaigns, direct linking, for about six months, I am getting conversions but poor ROI and no profits. I even set up websites for my campaigns here Love Dating Relationships - not proper landing pages - rather and niche what theme website.

As it isn’t a landing page, I don’t link my PPC to this website, all direct linking.

Now as I read a AffKit page they were talking about the importance of landing pages, and mentioning “dating” as an niche that requires the “pre-sale-landing-pages”. And the word “PRE-SALE” sort of hit me - I hadn’t understood the relationship between my landing pages and the actual sales page.

Side tracking a bit;
A few days ago, I heard or read that clothing and fashion sales, requires a lot of assurance and buyer confidence. Providing ideas like adding sales condition and return policy on the landing page.

So with this two newly achieved insights, I jumped on to one of my designer fashion landing page, I added a how to video and I added the sellers FAQ section with all their sales condition including a return and refund policies. “MyNetSale” HERE.

But back to my dating issues;
I was looking through 10 to 15 dating sites through a quick Google search this morning, most of the paid ads seems to be direct linking. While I found a couple that appear to be affiliate marketer sites.

Anyway, I decided to do a new attempt on a specific dating landing page, a dedicated landing page for each different campaign - but also a squeeze page as I need to build my email databases. So to get going I started today with a domain name; “Top Six for sex.com”

In conclusion Fran6m - after 10 to 15 years and many thousands of dollars in online marketing, I’m still a very eager students - and have a lot to learn every day. Partly because there are so much to learn, and partly because this arena is not at all like where I did my first online sale in the mid to late 1990s.

I hope my rambling here can provide some ideas or insights for someone.

I will be back soon.

Olle..

PS – “K” would you suggest that my “TopSixforSex” landing and squeeze page project could be something for the “follow along” forum here? Selecting six good dating campaigns, creating six sexy landing pages that can convert and generates mailing lists.

^100% yes, the more follow alongs the better - we all need to chip in and help each other - nice insights man, i'd definitely work on that lander.

Okay, I've asked many different people many times but still haven't found the answer, so I'll take a shot at asking here: how the heck are you guys direct linking in 7Search???? I've submitted ads from three different networks (all display - banners) and 9 out of every 10 get rejected as malicious. Doesn't seem to matter which vertical, whether or not it's cloaked, they set off a McAfee site advisor trigger as a dangerous site, they tell me.

Re the landing pages, I have absolutely no problem with the idea of learning how to use them well but I don't like the idea of making visitors click through an extra page to get to the offer they clicked for from the banner.

Maybe I'm not looking at things correctly.

@fran6m - I think it's great that you had a ROI right off the hop, even though it cost you more for the learning experience. I'm still a student of CPA myself but I imagine that the more you learn, the more the cost and reward even out. Eventually, the scales would tip in your favour, assuming you continue moving forward the way you are. Just my thought on the subject.

Hi - trying to follow the same course with 7Search. I am still getting familiar with the terms. What exactly is a "direct linking email submit"?

@keysaler, I believe it is direct linking to an offer and for the offer to convert, someone has to submit their email address.

Great Work Man .. a lot of ppls can't get a Positive ROI with 7Search but u did it from the first Time ;) Great Job

MI
Back