The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Ask Me Anything 300k Revenue in 2014 From Teespring AMA!

mateen

Hey Guys,

I started with Teespring around Jan/Feb last year, (2014).

Had little to NO clue how FB works but just knew people were banking big with it so I decided to give it a go.

50 campaigns later I got my first to tip and in March I had a MASSIVE 85k Profit Month, (around 150k in Revenue).

Teespring is very volatile and relatively difficult to break through and consistently profit from.

I'm happy to answer question on Teespring/custom products in general etc.

Overall, 2014 clocked off at 300k in sales revenue with almost half of that in profit.

Ask away!

Last edited:
Wow congratulations, I suck at the teespring I have tried a few angled (2 or 3) and failed and it's probably not enough. I guess the key is to pick the right audience with the right passionate teeshirt? I guess my question is what is your approach and could you share some ideas for those who are new like me who have no success with the shirt thing but would like to give it a shot? Thanks.

My approach is to see what's working and to reverse engineer the design to try other niches.

For example I saw this shirt called 'brulosophy - they who think beer will think beer', It sold about 170 shirts. I thought of a bunch of others that would fit it like,

- birdlosophy
- dadlosophy
- crewlosophy
- unilosophy
- ladlosophy
- plumblosophy (plumbers)
- manlosophy
- beardlosophy

etc etc, each with a different saying, eg,

- beardlosophy - he who sacrifices his beard for a woman deserves neither
(found it from a meme on google)

I'd try something like that for all others.

Teespring is a quantities game, you try 20, hopefully one or two will give you profit and pay for the $$ you spent on testing others.

You just have to keep going, keep improving and eventually you'll find the sweet spot between design & niche selection.

Where do you get your designs and how much do you pay?

I design most of them myself. If I’m overwhelmed and need some help, I’ve got a guy on desk I pay $5-$10/design depending on how complex it is.

this is good! can you do a tutorial how to market your shirts?

Thanks! I’ve already got over 30 vids on my blog going through the whole process from designing to marketing on FB, just click on my signature and go to ‘tee spring tutorials’.

Have you ever followed any paid guides or programs?

Hmm, not that I can think of. A LOT of it was trial and error and communicating with others in the space. I may have bought a few guides here and there but the best thing to do is to just jump in launch as many campaigns as you can handle.

Whats your routine each day when setting up campaigns?

Basically wake up at 6-7.

- do some research as to what’s currently selling. Go through some popular FB pages, social sleuth, teespring.com/discover, ebay.com, (sold listings), etc.

- list 5-8 designs I’m interested in.

- design

- launch + advertise

- next day I’ll analyze last days performance and repeat campaign launching.

Usually takes me between 2-5 hours depending on design complexity.

Can you refer my who do a design for you in PM ?

He’s not that much of a ‘designer’. I’ll give him a template and tell him to make small modifications for it. I’m actually in search of a local designer because of this. I’m sure you’ll find a good one on desk or elance. Just search ‘teespring’ or ‘shirt design’.

Can you share the design of your most ever sold shirt please?

Ooo I can’t do that, I still launch it from time to time :p

hey mateen thanks for this thread!
im learning a lot from your blog!
will ask you questions soon after i finished watching your vids

Hi Mateen and congrats !!

1 Question... what did you do to keep your spirits up and keep going no matter what?

BR PJ

p.s. " I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." // edison

Hey @mateen,
Congrats for your acchievment.

I'm really new to teespring, I sew that you must choose a min quantity, only offer you sell all of them they start to make your shirts.

That's a bit problematic isn't it?
I mean what if I get only 3 sales?
Their profit will cover my Facebook bill but I guess I will not earn that money cause I'll need 47 more
purchases.
Can I tan cancel those 3 sales?
Thanks!!

Hi Mateen and congrats !!

1 Question... what did you do to keep your spirits up and keep going no matter what?

BR PJ

p.s. " I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." // edison

It's definitely tough. For me it was do or die. All my friends were progressing in their professions, some on six figure salaries and here I was, ended my great job for this. I HAD to make it work.

You also need to surround yourself with like minded people, it makes it so much easier. The moment I broke through and made some sales, I just knew it was a matter of time.

Sometimes, when things aren't working out, you force yourself but when you start seeing consistent results you start putting in the grinding work automatically.

Hey @mateen,
Congrats for your acchievment.

I'm really new to teespring, I sew that you must choose a min quantity, only offer you sell all of them they start to make your shirts.

That's a bit problematic isn't it?
I mean what if I get only 3 sales?
Their profit will cover my Facebook bill but I guess I will not earn that money cause I'll need 47 more
purchases.
Can I tan cancel those 3 sales?
Thanks!!

Thank you,

Their minimum quantity is 3. Even if your goal is 50 and you sell at LEAST 3, it will go to print. Before it wasn't like this but now, thankfully, they've changed it.

Hey @mateen

Your blog is awesome, its so nice seeing someone knowledgeable and successful in a short period.

I have a few questions for you-
1.Do You use hashtags in your FB posts?
2.How often do you split test a shirt's design in the same niche (I mean the same text)?
3.Do you usually target the entire USA or exclude/include states BEFORE lunching the campaigns?

And again, 10$ will be enough to test each campaign?

Cheers!

Hey @mateen

Your blog is awesome, its so nice seeing someone knowledgeable and successful in a short period.

I have a few questions for you-
1.Do You use hashtags in your FB posts?
2.How often do you split test a shirt's design in the same niche (I mean the same text)?
3.Do you usually target the entire USA or exclude/include states BEFORE lunching the campaigns?

And again, 10$ will be enough to test each campaign?

Cheers!

Thanks,

1. No, but that's a good idea!
2. I'll only do the one design for the one niche. BUT as time goes on and I see a campaign that MIGHT work in one of my previous niches, I go back and test it. I've noticed there are people that do the opposite of me, find a niche and hammer it with a bunch of designs till one sells well. That's a good method too.
3. Yes, all of USA

$10/campaign. Yes and no. It depends on your CTR. If it's real crap, then I'll stop the campaign at $10 spend. If it's good, then I'll let it go to sometimes $30-$40. I'll usually stop it at $40 max though. For good CTR campaigns I feel you need to get at least 100 people through to the campaign to see if any convert before stopping.

banners
Back