The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

1st Affiliate Website? Where to get it? How to build it?

Hi Rob
I use wordpress blogs for every site I set up now. They are especially useful for niche markets with hundreds of plugins to help with your search engine optimization and other tools.

It's free to download. If you do a search you can find free installation videos showing you step by step how to get setup. I believe certain hosts will allow you to click and install from their control panels.

I don't have the luxury of a one click install at my host but I've installed so many now it only takes a few minutes.

I use some great plugins that really help with my seo.

awesome web building software

Like mentioned in other posts I would recommend xsite pro for building websites. It is far superior to anything I have every seen...and very easy to use too.

Check it out.

I just added a new thread about getting started and how to build your 1st site.
The info is so good, I didn't want it to get buried here in this long thread.

Especially see this part of the thread:

<b>FREE CMS</b> (content managements system - I.E. Easy web site builder). I have been looking for good easy free CMS and I had not seen this one before - it looks GREAT! See my writeup and links about Web site Baker in the thread below.

But be sure to read ALL the blogs and tips in this thread.
Filled with HOT STUFF to get you started!
icon14.gif

<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/newbie-affiliate-forum/5579-get-off-dime-how-get-started-affiliate-marketing.html">Get off the DIME! How to Get Started in Affiliate Marketing</a>

Happy selling!

In Response To Your Question

Unfortunately, a cheap or low cost website don't quite cut it with the search engines. To be an internet marketer you really to know two things first:

There are three important areas to selling products/services over the internet, which needs to be addressed initially:

1. Implement a proven successful internet affiliate marketing system
Here's where many newbies and intermediates fail. Either they don't have a proven successful system to implement or they missed some very important steps in their existing system. Its imperative to have a successful internet affiliate marketer, a super guru if you will, mentor you. Study under this person. There are many free ebooks available, once you join several internet marketers newsletter. This information as you read it can tell you an aweful lot.

There are so many areas to address such as, content, keywords, niche marketing, PPC advertising, email list, linking, SEO, creating a web page, site maps, articles and the list goes on. On the other hand, if you are doing this as a hobbie, then you simply get what you put in. Perhaps a sell or two or nothing at all. Whitout a system and I do want to stress SYSTEM, you are fishing in the dark. There will be plenty of trial and error which means you've made the learning significantly then what it should be. You need to strategize for the search engines to be used to promote products/services. Not all search are created equally. Are going to use for instance, Google AdSense or Adwords, MSN or Yahoo., etc.? There different approaches to keyword mining when it comes to a particular search engines. That why
knowing which keyword software tool becomes so important. Many of them as you probably are FREE. But there specific ones for specific search engines you will need to buy. This is where you really define your niche marketing and its saves time. As you may well know there are many shopping websites that one could search to get an ideal where the demands are.

2. As mentioned in #1, software is extremely important. You need automation, accuracy and to save valuable time. Software for, SEO, linking keywords, article finder, content, email lists, management/centralization, and the list goes on. One would end up with 10 or more software tools. However, for newbies starting out some of these software are free. But the first step is to find a software to create a website, unless of course its being built by scratch. I also tell newbies if you don't have the necessary skills, then you need to spend money to get those skills. Or to simply help your weak areas. The software needed for a website is critical to ones success.

3. Get a website to make the system work, software to enhance productivity and make your site search engine friendly. Are you going to advertise products/services using Google AdSense, Adwords, Yahoo or MSN, or eBay. You website or e-commerce store should be designed and optimized, in accordance to the search engines you will be using, or eBay. If you are going to use free website or blog or build a create web page, remember you get what you put into it. If you don't have the knowledge or designing skills, matters only get worst. Although you use free websites/blog, if you know what are doing. Your website must sing to its audience. A visitor will give your site only a few seconds to determine whether to leave. So content, keyword optimization, linking, site map, etc. becomes very important, if you want your site to be spidered. However, if you are not going to use PPC search engines, then understand the strategies. A different system is needed, including advertising method which are many.

I always tell newbies the best thing to do is purchase a predesigned, fully automated income generating website or e-store or both. That way a good portion of your work is completed. No html to learn, requires no technical nor designing skills. Everything is mostly done, you just concentrate on designing web pages, content, use your internet affiliate marketing system to do the rest. This also include using your software as previously mentioned.

Of course, there more involved. But I wanted just enlighten you that you really need to a more successful approach. Learning internet marketing is vital to ones success and needs to learnt first.

Take Care!

Affiliate Marketing

Hi I agreed that we should treat our website as a real business.

Being new in affiliate marketing, I follow the following rules which have been working well

1) Learn from a mentor who is expert in this area
My mentor is stephen pierce and he really teaches and pushes me to attract traffic to my website within 36 hrs.

2) Market a credible affiliate pdt
Some people will spend lots of time to develope their own pdts.
I conclude there are so many things to learn, so I start from the basic which is learning how to market and attract traffic.

So I decided I will market an affiliate pdt. I am choosy about pdt. I want to make sure these pdts are the ones which I will use it on myself and has proven result.

Since my website is on law of attraction, I am marketing visualization and law of attraction pdts

3) Define my success
I know success is not an overnight thing. It is more gaining the knowledge and refining the tools or steps to get to success point. So I define success as myself getting better in traffic generation instead of comparing my traffic against some other people traffic

This saves me lots of self frustration and ability to move forward.

Cheers, Karen

free website builder

Why not using Wordpress? It works great, it can be used as a content management system and it is really easy to install (and free). Plus, it has lots of free templates you can choose from, and a lot of plugins which can do almost everything you need from a site. I first used it for my blogs and now I'm using it to build sites for my clients.

I just set up my site

I worked on it all day Friday. Still working on it. Fourtunecity is my host. I just decided that it was time to get my feet wet. I got a few affiliates.So now I have to work on my traffic strategy.

I Just Can't Get Started

I've tried MS LIVE and Writer won't even install on my system. I've tried Google Apps (Page Creator) and it only gives me a home page, with NO SUPPORT to help me go further. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but all these ads for these tools keep saying you don't have to be a geek, and it'll do EVERYTHING. I am fairly dangerous at this technology, and despite my best efforts, I cannot find one provider of attractive, comprehensive templates that do what I need done. I'm 'bout ready to betray my faith and use profanity like SHUCKS! and HECK! Seriously, I'm really discouraged!

HEP ME!
KC:mad:

Blogger
Microsoft Page Creator (free domain and they host free)
Google Domain (free but you still have to buy and host your domain)

Hi, I'm a newbie on this forum..Just signed up tonight. I'm very new also to the affiliate business..Looking to create a website for as little $ as possible. Your suggestions are extremely helpful..I haven't gone to the Microsoft site yet, but thank you in advance!:D

Hi gabrocks,

Welcome to 5 Star. Read up on the stickies in the newbie forum and you will get
to know a little more about how this affiliate thang works. :)

I strongly recommend SiteSell Site Build It.

It is an excellent tool for both newbies and expert. It totally throw the concept of web design out of the window. You just pick a template and then focus on content building. Leave all the works (web hosting, domain registration, web builder, SEO, link tracking, Search engine ranking, traffic analysis, link exchange, email marketing...) to SBI

If you can afford to pay $20+ for a worry free integrated web solution, then I think Site build it is the one to go for.

I personally have 3 sites with SBI and I am very impressed with them.

Damien

Templates can be a great help when getting started, especially if you're not too savvy with web design/HTML/CSS, etc. I learned so much just from downloading and playing with templates to see how things work and pull together and you can make enough changes to them so you don't have a "cookie cutter" looking site, too!

Templates can be a great help when getting started, especially if you're not too savvy with web design/HTML/CSS, etc. I learned so much just from downloading and playing with templates to see how things work and pull together and you can make enough changes to them so you don't have a "cookie cutter" looking site, too!

Thanks for the info! I found a place to download them and it IS very helpful.
Thanks again!:D

You can use Blogger or a free Wordpress blog. Also for a free html editor try nvu.com, it's really good.

There are a number of ways to go with your first affiliate website. You could create a presell page that then links through your affiliate link to the main merchant site or you could try a review page where for example you review about 4-6 affiliate products against each other. Test out which one converts the best and put them at number one.

I hope this helps.

Colleen

Hello robficiur,

Don't know whether or not you are still in the market for a website. If not, perhaps this information can be helpful to others.

When researching for a website remember you have many choices.

1. Free websites/blogs (which you already know)
2. Pre-designed website
3. Turnkey website
4. Minisites
5. Website store
6. Or building your site from scratch (must have designing skills)

Newbies must first decide what is it they want to sale. What do they have a passion for? There are many turnkey affiliate sites that comes with their own products and set up to make money quickly, but you have to be skilled enough to bring traffic to your site. Whether these sites are paid for or free--many are, you must get your own traffic which is key and vital to your success.

But the above is true for any website you get--no traffic means no sales. And once you get the traffic, it needs to convert into sales. This is where many newbies fail. They simply need to develop Internet marketing skills.

These turnkey sites often come with there own niche products. While it may seem attractive, you still have know what you are doing. Niche marketing, affiliate, Internet marketing etc., takes skills. You need to learn them all.

There are websites available that don't come with there own products. They are pre-designed, no technical work involved, search engine-friendly, etc., and some offer more features than offers. You must a product/service to sell

Ask yourself these questions...

1. Do I want to build many 1-5 page minisites to launch quickly and make income faster when selling affiliate products? Or,

2. Would I rather just concentrate on building one large pre-designed site, search engine-friendly--selling one particular product/service?

Minisites are great for selling products quickly. You can have a simple landing page or product review page, pre-selling the product. Customers click your affiliate link which takes them directly to the vendors sales page.

But here again, you need to learn Internet marketing which covers pre-selling.

I've researched many different types of site use them all for different occasions. This also includes eBay.

On the other hand, to build an empire or fat affiliate site there are some get web designing software and tools on the market. After months of researching, I tend to go with a successful marketing guru that has the affiliate marketer's mindset, rather go to a web designing company that don't.

As for #1 and #2 above, I tend to do both.

Also, you don't necessarily need a website to sell products. If you continue with your research sooner or later you should find other marketers with products--eBooks to you help. You should also find successful marketers, or gurus who made millions and join their free newsletters.

Remember, everything requires learning a proven successful system, a formula if you will, that will sky-rocket your income.

MI
Back