monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

10 Things bloggers forget to do

Discussion in 'General Internet Marketing' started by Larwee, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Larwee

Larwee <b><font size=2>In Memoriam - Loyal Administrator< affiliate

Publishers Weblog has a list of what it considers to be 10 things bloggers forget to do.

It is possible that not everyone will agree with all 10 of them. I thought I would mention them in case they could be helpful to some people. Here are the 10 things according to Publishers Weblog.

1. Sitemaps
    2. Meta tags & description
    3. Linking
    4. Analyze
    5. Polish
    6. Categories
    7. Permalinks
    8. Social Bookmarking
    9. Advertisement
    10.Template

I just gave a list of the ten. Publishers Weblog gave explanations and details for each of the 10.

This link will give you everything http://www.publishersweblog.com/blogging/10-things-bloggers-forget-to-do/

2. monetizer
  3. marcus3000

marcus3000 Affiliate affiliate

I agree with your list.... I have a blog and just about everything on the list I did not think to do. Thanks for the info.

4. fitnfree

fitnfree Affiliate affiliate

Thanks, Larwee, that's helpful. I'm still trying to get a good handle on this blogging rage. had mine up for months now but seems like I'm the only one paying any attention to it! Little confused about the sitemaps, though. I mean, if you're updating a blog regularily, which I'm doing 3 to 5 times a week, how do you keep the thing updated? You'd constantly be resubitting your sitemap to Google -- or is it enough to do it just "every so often" as I've been doing with the remainder of the site for years? ??

5. Julia15

Julia15 New Member

great article, thanks Larry.

I especially like the analyze suggestion - it's definitely worthwhile to see where your traffic is coming from and many people often forget this step.

6. Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet <span style="color: #daa520;font-weight: bold;">Me

That really is a helpful article. Thanks Larry!

7. Larwee

I thought it could be helpful. Possibly even to some very experienced bloggers because people often get into habits and some of those habits aren't necessarily good ones. A little self-examination can be a good thing at times.

8. OnlineDownloads

OnlineDownloads Affiliate affiliate

What does that 5th point polish stands for?

9. Larwee

Fine-tuning could be another way of saying polish. After you have finished simply take a look at it with a very critical eye for things that you could improve, then edit and make those improvements.

10. warzone

warzone New Member

Hello

Ah, I am glad you guys found this post useful and worth the read. I am the blogger on publishersweblog.com. Got kind of excited when I was analyzing my traffic and saw some incoming links from here. Inquisitive as I am, I simply had to follow it up. Thanks to the admin for publicizing my article. For those interested in knowing more can always contact me and I can perhaps set them up with something useful.

11. Larwee

As you can see, many of our members found what you wrote to be very interesting.

Thanks for dropping by warzone. I hope we will be seeing more of you around here in the future.

12. warzone

warzone New Member

ofcourse, rest assured, I will be hanging out here more often now. There seem to be some interesting articles around. loving the change in atmosphere from the usual crowd.

13. Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet <span style="color: #daa520;font-weight: bold;">Me

Hey warzone,

Welcome to 5 Star. Everyone really did like the article so we're glad
    it brought you over to us. That's how we suck people in. :p
    Kidding! ;)

Seriously though, great job on the blog post.

14. warzone

warzone New Member

thank you. ^^ . This is the third place where i found the article to be posted. Seems like my little blog is finally getting some momentum. Eventhough, I got ages to go before I can call it successful.

15. MzJme

MzJme Affiliate affiliate

WOW- Great Info!

Thank you so much for the great article - lots of info I was in need of!

16. iTh3_Riddler

iTh3_Riddler Affiliate affiliate

I'm working on my notes for launching my future blog and this helps. Thanks =)

Featured Resources (View All)

MI