The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How to choose a profitable niche in affiliate marketing

My guy was $100 less 4.47 star in Yelp --I got the dealer's "doc fee down to $97 from the $380 (upsell pizza money) they wanted. Just a used electric car to run errands here in town.
Hopefully I like it

Congratulations, that is a good looking car. I've never owned an EV and it's been awhile since I bought a used car. Do previous owners disclose why they sold it and is the dealer required to tell you if the car has problems or do they still say it was owned by a little old lady that only drove it to church on Sundays? Good luck and drive safe.

In the US they use Carfax now. Most major repairs are reported and all of the auto's ownership and registration is reported.
You can buy the report and the seller will offer it free as one of his selling tools --this seller was a franchised new car dealership.

This auto had 2 owners the first a corporate lease and a second owner --things have really changed with used cars as far as reporting on post 1994 models to new.

I am still concerned about this battery replacement but I called the Nissan dealer, that the factory warrantied the replacement to, and got transferred to a shop tech, I ol' boyed him and got him to look up the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) in his computers service logs and find the part number replaced andread it to me ;)

2925B04NP6DRE ...BATTERY PACK

Carfax originally showed an authorization number from Nissan and now only shows a battery service.

It has been a bit nerve wracking process that has taken 5 days; wiring money interstate, the battery verification, price add on issues --but it was completed today --now there is just the super suspense anxiety --until the car is delivered in one piece.

This is just an errand vehicle not a commuting or long trip vehicle.
Buying a "new" used vehicle has always been problematic.

Back on topic, as for an e-commerce and CPA idea: I really think that there are a lot of opportunities in this transportation procurement niche that most may overlook. I really believe it may just a matter of finding a way to be disruptive to the current process and create a new segment --"Auto & Truck Internet Brokerage" a national database of vehicles for sale with an affiliate daily updating feed.

New and used light vehicle sales in the United States from 2010 to 2022 (in million units)

1715481589661.png

50,000,000 *$25,000
1,250,000,000,000 that is maybe a $1.25 Trillion Marketplace and as you can see 3/4 used car haggling and headaches so the exists a need for a better solution I think and there are so many painful issues that could be remedied by an organized system for buyers and sellers one better than the traditional current ways.

So I initiate my $20 per month AI robo-brain:
ME: so lets make some TAM projections of the market for this new, yet developed, trading platform do the projection at 2% share of the market , over 10 years, on an annual non liner progression, with some assumed pro forma acceleration over time
1715483003187.png

Python:
#!/usr/bin/python

import numpy as np

# Constants for the logistic growth model
C = 17.5  # maximum market share in billion USD
k = 0.3  # growth rate
t0 = 5  # inflection point at year 5
years = np.arange(1, 11)  # years from 1 to 10

# Logistic growth model function
def logistic_growth(t, C, k, t0):
    return C / (1 + np.exp(-k * (t - t0)))

# Calculate the projected market share for each year
market_share_projection = logistic_growth(years, C, k, t0)
market_share_projection

AI robo-brain:
1715483151624.png

This is probably over optimistic however if you could just do 5% or 10% of this and earn 4% on that revenue generated how much would you gross profit be?

1715483578354.png

Python:
# Constants
percentage_of_projection = [0.05, 0.10]  # 5% and 10% of the projected market share
revenue_percentage = 0.04  # 4% gross profit on the revenue generated

# Calculate the gross profit for each year under both scenarios (5% and 10% of projections)
gross_profit_5pct = market_share_projection * percentage_of_projection[0] * revenue_percentage
gross_profit_10pct = market_share_projection * percentage_of_projection[1] * revenue_percentage

gross_profit_5pct, gross_profit_10pct

# Format the gross profit for human readability in millions with two decimal points
gross_profit_5pct_millions = np.round(gross_profit_5pct * 1000, 2)  # Convert billion to million
gross_profit_10pct_millions = np.round(gross_profit_10pct * 1000, 2)  # Convert billion to million

gross_profit_5pct_millions, gross_profit_10pct_millions

In Conclusion: You must be the conductor and the AI your orchestra :)

Attachments

• 1715483326914.png
    1715483326914.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
In the US they use Carfax now. Most major repairs are reported and all of the auto's ownership and registration is reported.
You can buy the report and the seller will offer it free as one of his selling tools --this seller was a franchised new car dealership.

I'm so old! Of course they use Carfax, my last used car that wasn't a thing yet, and I've bought new the last three times. I was curious about the battery on the EV so thank you for those details regarding its replacement being under warranty since that is a major expense.

Maybe transportation would be a good niche for yourself to get into since you have researched all that information, or maybe you could publish a guide about it.

Thanks again!

Marnie, I am retired and I drive less than 1,500 miles (2,400 km) a year --I have better places to use my money rather than spend it on new vehicles that depreciate sitting in my garage and feed insurance companies auto premiums.

BEV (Battery Electric Vehicles) have an issue like ICE vehicles --their useful life decreases with both distance traveled and age. What I have learned about BEV vehicles is that the battery packs will last the longest when slow charged with the charge ranging between 20% to 80%.

The fast charging stations are the fastest way to destroy a battery pack, right now anyway. So, best use case is to charge overnight at normal household voltage and if you commute charge, your BEV at lower voltage when parked at work. BEV will work for city delivery short-range in a commercial setting.

Hydrogen powered ICE vehicles will work for longer distance travel for both passenger and heavy commercial freight but the hydrogen production and distribution infrastructure is not there right now. Here in this metroplex, they are building, with government (DOE) seed money, a very large hydrogen production plant. I live in southeastern Michigan, home of auto industry in the US. So, it is not that hard to come to the conclusion that the US auto industry will be heading toward Hydrogen powered ICE vehicles.

>>>``The claim
Many of the strongest claims for hydrogen’s role in the automotive world come from chief executives at the heart of the industry. Japan’s Toyota is the most vocal proponent of hydrogen, and its chair, Akio Toyoda, last month said he believed the share of battery cars would peak at 30%, with hydrogen and internal combustion engines making up the rest. Toyota’s Mirai is one of the only hydrogen-powered cars that is widely available, alongside the Nexo SUV from South Korea’s Hyundai.

Oliver Zipse, the boss of the German manufacturer BMW, said last year: “Hydrogen is the missing piece in the jigsaw when it comes to emission-free mobility.” BMW may be investing heavily in battery technology but the company has its BMW iX5 Hydrogen fuel cell car in testing – albeit using Toyota fuel cells. Zipse said: “One technology on its own will not be enough to enable climate-neutral mobility worldwide.”``<<< Will hydrogen overtake batteries in the race for zero-emission cars?

I make a little money from my oil and gas royalty and transportation investments but I know they are only going to last maybe 10 years before fuel sources will change. If I was long term investing in fuels and transportation I would bet on Hydrogen to eventually win out. But today's players in oil production may move into hydrogen production if blue hydrogen (produced from natural gas) becomes environmentally competitive with solar hydrolysis of hydrogen from water H2O (H2 + O). Right now, solar hydrolysis of hydrogen is too expensive --that may change.

TaaS (Transportation as a Service) read: automated robo-taxis, with rapid service, will rule the day 10 years from now. So, even my scheme of the Car & Truck Niche may have a limited "shelf life" longer term. Crowning-Uber may be the TaaS future. Driverless Taxi Service. They are currently experimenting with this ...

Nice looking car. When does it arrive?
Monday or Tuesday?
  • I think it looks like an insect really :D Bug with a square butt :D
  • Has leather seats, nice digital gauges, navigation, backup camera etc ... Not bad for what is is really.
  • I hope one of these lame & oversized MAGA trucks around here doesn't smack me.
  • Maybe, I should install an antenna like flagpole with a orange pendent :D

Full charge on the Leaf I am getting @$0.20kWh = $1.80 USD 100-120 mi range

Last edited:
Marnie, I am retired and I drive less than 1,500 miles (2,400 km) a year --I have better places to use my money rather than spend it on new vehicles that depreciate sitting in my garage and feed insurance companies auto premiums.

We have much in common. I hardly drive at all and have everything delivered. I have been contemplating an EV, I am not green but fossil fuels will run out someday. I also plan to modify my home to be more efficient. I appreciate the info about the hydrogen-powered cars, I was not aware of this fuel and I will keep my eyes open for news of it. I have learned some great info from you, you are an asset to this forum.

We have much in common. I hardly drive at all and have everything delivered.
Under those circumstances, from my POV, new car sitting in the garage most of the time makes little sense, other that better reliability maybe. I was quoted too much for auto insurance on a new car lease, about 8% of the car's value annually --for a car I would rarely use and turn in in 3 years with 5,000 miles on it LOL --what a cream-puff used car. So, I could refinance the lease to retain the car but I would be paying insurance for another few years until I paid off the balance.

Meantime, if i moved the down payment I would make on the lease (cap reduction) of $10K, into my stock market account and make that payment to myself (into the stock market account), I would earn 40% to 100% on the money over the same 8 years, and generate 3% to 15% annual dividend income, that could extend my mandatory RMD retirement draw down amounts coming up in a few years, rather have a "low mileage 8 year old" ICE used car that is worth 30% and begins to rot from age.

The thing about BEV (as opposed to FCEV [fuel cell EV]) is the battery degradation --this one has had the battery replaced by Nissan with a factory part. Hopefully, it will last until I don't what to drive. I ain't 25 anymore and want a flashy car to impress girls or business associates :D

banners
Back